Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vizsla Puppies

Gundog

PMA Member
I just put some information on my Vizsla puppies for sale in the classified section if anyone is interested. Send me a pm.

Gundog

Anyone looking for a lap dog in the evening and a kick ass hunting dog during the day should definately check out a Vizsla. My pup lasted me about 14 great years, best dog my dad and I had hands down.

Are the Vizsla's alot like shorthairs as far as hunting style? I've heard they are great dogs and am kind of in the market for one.

They are a copper/brown colored dog with short hair. Generally they are raised at pointers. EXTREMELY tempermental. We had two and they were the loviest little pups my dad ever raised in his 25 years of bird hunting. Anytime anyone is considering a pointing bird dog I can always honestly say that you can't go wrong with a good Vizsla.

Thanks Shredder for the help. If they want my home number, pm me and I will get it to you so they can call with questions.

Gundog

I have hunted with many breeds of dogs and the best dog I ever owned/hunted with was a Viszla. He got hit on the road as a 2 year old which prematurely ended a very promising hunting career
frown.gif
frown.gif

I thought the same thing about Springers till we got our this last summer! I have owned a few dogs and have been around MANY my whole life. My wife gave me a really smart very good Springer when we first started going out 18 years ago. This Springer we bought last summer is the most hyper dog I have ever seen!!! If any dog has A.D.D. it is mine! I mean I have never seen anything like it! There was a Vizsla in our obedience class (which didn't do our dog one bit of good) that dog was awsome! I have been trying to get the missus talked into letting me get rid of this dog and buying a Vizsla. If they wouldn't be so expensive I would probably be able to pull it off.

Most breeds are all fairly decent hunting dogs. The best dog I ever owned was a springer. She lived to be 15 years old. Had the passion for hunting in her and she was not spazzy at all. Could find a downed bird like no other. Given the time, patients, work ethic in training, and pure love for the animal they all make good hunting dogs most of the time. I have a friend who has two vizsla's and they are great dogs. I would buy one if I was in the market. Hell of a pointing dog.
trper
busted.gif

Top Bottom