Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wanting to buy land

I want to revive this thread. Anyone seeing any land budging that is not listed on the market? I have done a lot of talking to farmers and realtors and it seems everything is holding pretty tight because the price realization is not there. Local realtors dont want to list high because they will not make money on their time invested and owners do not want to sell at a lower price. I think some of the bigger name realtors have a lot of land listed and are listing the less desirable pieces at premium prices.

I want to buy land but I am nervous to invest right now at the higher prices and everything being in limbo with the grain and farm bills. I also am struggling with finding a decent piece with a good layout and some offsetting income. What is the trick to finding land that is being sold and not listed? Any success stories?

Believe it or not I bought ground off a neighbor this year after scratching the deal out on a napkin at the bar with him. It wasn't a lot of ground, but the point is I think the more you network and talk to people the more opportunities will present themselves.

I own 240 acres in Wayne County that I don't have listed that I would entertain offers on. 100 acres of tillable and 140 bottom/timber ground. +/- 85 acres of it is enrolled in CRP until 2017. ALL the landowners in the section manage their land for big bucks. If you are interested give me a call at 734-545-4952 Todd

Top Bottom