Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weekend Plots

JOSHBRNDT

Whose putting them in this weekend. I am finishing up with 4 1/4 acre plots and I will hopefully be done. Rain is supposed to be here on Sunday.

behind schedule and out of town next weekend - so yes hoping to get some acres done tomorrow and early next week.

doing a few no tills that are sprayed and ready to go late next week and then the plots that are tilled and ready will get planted a few weeks out yet.

what a beautiful sight!

5227a5464530391f40e0c27e3eb629f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got about 3 acres of brassicas done Saturday. Perfect timing with the rain. Will finish up the rest in about 3 weeks.

Planted two small 1/3-1/2 acre plots of brassicas on 7/26 and got the .7" of rain on Sunday so timing was good.

You tell em Daver,,Over here east near Fairfield ,3 Sunday night. Large area of moderate rain to the west just dried up around midnight to nothing here, No decent chances in the forecast for the next 10 days.

MuddyHntr Where are you? If you are in SW Iowa you may have a chance. Flood warnings and watches along the MO-Kansas Border. Anywhere else in Iowa NO rain. We are in a NW flow pattern. Ring of fire near the heat dome in the WEST. A NW flow is most always dry for Iowa. Moisture is kept away. The NW flow is to restablish itself next week after a weak frontal passage. I would not be surprised if I go a Month with the little 3rd I received Sunday night.

Plants are up. Couple plots just for fun at home planted Saturday. Got a total of 8/10" rain since then. Other farms have got closer to 1.5" so all should be good.

Rain is a good thing! ;)
c1627058f69d78f57e31e180e56c78a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
MuddyHntr Where are you? If you are in SW Iowa you may have a chance. Flood warnings and watches along the MO-Kansas Border. Anywhere else in Iowa NO rain. We are in a NW flow pattern. Ring of fire near the heat dome in the WEST. A NW flow is most always dry for Iowa. Moisture is kept away. The NW flow is to restablish itself next week after a weak frontal passage. I would not be surprised if I go a Month with the little 3rd I received Sunday night.
I'm in SW wisconsin

Oh yea up there in Wis a good area in Summer. When it gets hot the rings of fire,,and storm chances always go north. Not so much down here in SE Iowa. Battle droughts every year. This makes 3 Summers in a row on the drought monitor. My brass plot is cooked. I'd prob see as many deer without plots. A waste of effort anymore. Next year forget it.

Was able to get both of my plots planted on Saturday and some much much needed rain is on the radar right over the property. Thankful for this rain and hopefully it'll be plenty to get everything growing.

Top Bottom