Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What Gloves?

Hey guys. Just wondering what gloves you guys are using for different temps. I have a pair of UA base layer gloves that I use throughout the season and put other heavier gloves over top for colder weather. I currently have a pair of glommits with thinsulate (unsure on grams of thinsulate and brand), but have to take them off to handle my bow for a shot. Also have various other midweight gloves and picked up a pair of ragwool gloves to try out this year. Have to take most of these off for a shot, at least from my release hand. Also have a hand muff with thinsulate, but again unsure of grams or brand. I will put a hand warmer in this if needed. I can usually keep my hands relatively warm by using the base layer with either the glommits or the hand warmer, until I have to take my hands out. Just wondering if there is a better system to look into. Thanks!

I generally use real thin gloves and keep my hands in my pockets with hand warmers till a deer comes. Last late season I wore a thicker pair of North face-fleece gloves that I can shoot my release with comfortably. I still keep my hands in my pockets with hand warmers, but anytime I'm using my binocs or grab my bow, my hands get cold fast, and they get wet from condensation, so it's not ideal I've used the muff gloves that fold over in the past, but I was never a huge fan of them with how much they let cold in.

This year I'm looking out for a nice pair of mittens that cut the wind and are quiet. My plan is to find a big pair that I can wear on my non-release hand when I shoot and just ditch the release hand mitten quickly before the shot. We'll see how it works out!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Where do I even begin with this? Noted this thread is dead and seem to have been abandoned. But I imagine this is something a lot of newbie hunters ask themselves, hence why I am here trying to bringing this topic back to life. At the beginning of my hunting hobby, I would come across these questions in my head and think not too much of it. It was a bad move as I would end up like a complete clueless clown in the middle of a field hunting the air. Gear like this actually plays a pretty major role. For example, my mechanix wear – Multicam m-pact tactical gloves make my hunting adventures way more easier. You can see what I mean in this video review on my gloves:
Also, I don't even see them falling apart any time soon. The TPR closure protects and fits closely to my wrist, it’s just so comfy. It also feels like my natural layer of skin and not gloves that I am wearing. I've seen a place where my gloves are included as much as any other good quality gloves with prices and pros with cons, visit http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-shooting-gloves/ Just to help any starting hunter out there to get a general idea of what is considered quality in our world. These gloves fit me so well, and as I travel around the country a lot and come across different seasons each year, these gloves were designed to successfully provide good performance at any season and the harshest environment. I gave you the starting guide, so now my fellow hunters you must decide on what you want in your clothing inventory. If you’ve got any questions, I would be happy to answer if I have the time (obviously).

Last edited:
Top Bottom