Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whats in Scent Killer by Wildlife Research?

IF THEY TOLD US WHAT WAS IN IT THEY'D BE OUT OF WORK.
wink.gif
TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I THINK ITS BASICALLY A SUPER-SATURATED BAKING SOLUTION. ITS BOILED AS TO MAKE THE WATER ABSORB MORE BAKING SODA(ACTIVE INGREDENT). FALL BLEND HAS A LITTLE SYNTHETIC DIRT THROWN INTO THE MIX, AND SO ON.CARBON BLAST CONFUSES ME. IT SELLS LIKE CRAZY,BUT I REFUSE TO USE IT ON MY CLOTHING- I'VE SEEN THE RESULTS. THE REPS SAY OTHERWISE. THE ONLY THING ITS GOOD FOR, IN MY OPINION, IS TO SPRAY DOWN A COTTEN BLIND.BUT THIS IS ALL JUST HEAR SAY. M350 OUT

I'm a Carbon Blast fan and I thought with this being an old post and not to many people looked at it if there was any guys out there that Know what the active ingredient was???

beats me. all i know is i use it and it works awesome. to my knowlege i haven't been picked off since i started using it.
waytogo.gif

My best guess!! And the homebrew i currently use.

1. 8 to 16 oz hydrogen peroxide(3% solution)-found at any pharmacy.
2. 16 oz. distilled water(make sure its distilled)
3. 1/4 cup baking soda
4. 1 oz. of unscented hunting shampoo

To make:
1.mix in a big container so baking soda is allowed to dissolve. Leave plenty of room as it will expand. mix in this order water, peroxide, baking soda then soap
2. pour into a jug that is not sealed tight- milk jug with snap cap or something similar. do not shake
3.let solution set at moderate temp for a week until chemical reaction settles down. Dont put in a tightly sealed container...it will go boom!!!
4. pour into a spray bottle and your ready to go for a fraction of the cost
5. keep solution out of light or peroxide will turn to H20
6. You can add dirt if you want that effect.
grin.gif
Or if you want to be like dan fitzgerald add some vanilla extract and youve got yourself vanilla-killa. My two scents...don't be like Dan.

I made some of that homebrew stuff last year and it worked ok, but I went back to The Ghost after I saw a buck get nervous and leave after he hit my trail and smelled the ground where I walked. I use it for my cats litter box now.
grin.gif

I never had much luck with Wildlife Research scent killer. I tried Carbon Blast a few years ago and it’s good for your boots I guess, but I hated how the spray bottle kept clogging up. The Ghost is the best stuff I’ve used hands down. I've seen mature deer walk my trail and be completely oblivious. A bit pricey, but it’s worth it.
waytogo.gif

you know a "homer" someone who always defends/cheers for the home team.
grin.gif

usaully used in reference to defending home state sports team...since iowa doesn't have any maybe thats why you dont know the phrase
blush.gif

Oh...and here I thought I was going to have to start drinking beer in my underwear!
shocked.gif

Homer....homer simpson that is. Rocks
best show in tv history. Humor for all ages.

Is underwear even required when drinking beer? I thought beer went well with buff........

Homer Simpson beer quotes... (clothing is optional)
grin.gif

"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems."

Homer: Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau?
Apu: Such a beer does not exist, sir. I think you must have dreamed it.
Homer: Oh. Well, then just give me a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles.

Who needs underwear with this weather latly, This sun hasn't gone down for 3 weeks and dont plan on seeing the dark til' August, now thats a long day of drinking...

A couple of quotes from a wise old man I know

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning."

"You know you're drunk when you are laying on the ground, holding on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth."

So Alaskan how do you drink all day when the sun never goes down?

Top Bottom