Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whats the best broadheads on the market today?

SeIowa69

I recently just bought my first bow a mission venture! am allready in love just shootin it in the yard, i plan on hunting deer and turkey this fall, just wanted sum input from all the other bow hunters out there? Ps any one shot the toxics? Am leaning a little more toward them but not 100% yet

I'm shooting magnus buzzcuts. Fantastic fixed blade broad heads. They also carry a lifetime warranty. Practice with one, dull one or hit a deer with one, send it back and they'll replace it. They also fly fantastic!

What's you draw length and weight?

Am shooting at 60 right now and 30 in draw

Okay. You'll be fine with either fixed or mechanical. If you were shooting a short draw and low poundage I'd definitely say lean towards a fixed just for the sake of not losing any more kinetic energy than necessary upon impact. Having a low KE to begin with would make all that much more reason to not use a broad head that requires work before cutting.

Muzzy4s...no need for a shooters error head..if you can shoot straight a walmart head will kill all your deer..I think that mechanical heads are junk more or less and people waste a ton of money on them..marginal shot guys shoot that stuff..why spend $50 on couple heads that will get wrecked when u can shoot straight...spend 20 and use them over and over again

I think anything made by magnus "especially the 4 blade stinger buzzcut"
They all fly great if your bow is tuned and they have a full lifetime replacement warranty, no questions asked. If its bent or broken you can send them back or just email them a pic of the damaged heads.
So unless you lose them you only need to buy them once. I've used a pile of different heads but I always come back to that stinger once november rolls around

Ive been using g5 montecs for a couple years and like them a lot.. nothing has went past 40 yards yet and you can re-sharpen them. Unless you lose them or shoot a rock, they'll last forever. If your bow is tuned correctly, theyll shoot just like your field tips

In all honesty, buy a head, use it, and see how it works. You're going to hear about 100 different opinions on a public forum. Do you have any friends who have bow hunted and you trust, that you can ask?

I guarantee you, that regardless of what you buy, if you put it where it needs to be....the deer will die. I think most of the 'omg, the blades didn't open' or 'I wish I would've had a bigger cutting diameter head' stories are poor shots.....just my opinion.

Put it where it needs to be, and you'll have a dead deer.

In all honesty, buy a head, use it, and see how it works. You're going to hear about 100 different opinions on a public forum. Do you have any friends who have bow hunted and you trust, that you can ask?

I guarantee you, that regardless of what you buy, if you put it where it needs to be....the deer will die. I think most of the 'omg, the blades didn't open' or 'I wish I would've had a bigger cutting diameter head' stories are poor shots.....just my opinion.

Put it where it needs to be, and you'll have a dead deer.

Sureshot is correct on both points especially about shot placement. Don't start a bow hunting career out with a Rage. Adrenaline, nerves, lack of experience on shot angles do not mix well with Rage. Go with a fixed blade for your first season.

No idea, to each his own. I have shot muzzys since the first day I started hunted and have never felt the need to change(Wink)

Top Bottom