Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where to in June for salt water fishing lower 48?

Central Iowa

Life Member
Looking for somewhere coastal in lower 48 in the month of June through mid July for salt water fishing.
Good fishing, charters, etc? Tell me where you would go.

Looking for somewhere coastal in lower 48 in the month of June through mid July for salt water fishing.
Good fishing, charters, etc? Tell me where you would go.

I shoot pool with a couple that go to Florida offshore fishing every year and they seem to do pretty well... Let me know if you want me to get some contact info

I fished with Greg Abbott out of Sarasota, FL, a couple of years ago and had a great time. He and his son are also avid deer hunters and they couldn't believe the pictures of the big Iowa deer that I was showing him. So that made it even more fun. 941-302-4734 is the number I have for him.

Can't help you out with lower 48 but we just got back from a deep sea fishing adventure in Mexico and it was a great time..........for the ones that didn't get sea sick. Early June down there would be prime time for sailfish and mahi mahi.

3D5FC5FC-BBA3-47A8-B1D7-A59E7FFFD120.jpeg
If you are interested in Redfish or offshore yellow fin tuna head to Venice, LA. It is an amazing fishery. Accomadations are pretty basic and there isn’t much else to do there. I go every October when it is a little cooler. PM me if you want more details

Can't help you out with lower 48 but we just got back from a deep sea fishing adventure in Mexico and it was a great time..........for the ones that didn't get sea sick. Early June down there would be prime time for sailfish and mahi mahi.

I echo this if you can swing it. Cabos, Ixtapa, or even further down in South America

If I was going in the US it would be the Keys so I could do some inland and offshore stuff.

I'd also be looking at the Keys. If you're after redfish, then Venice, LA or Laguna Madre in Texas is good. If it were me, though, I'd be grabbing my 8 and 9 wt fly rods and be heading to Cancun to fish Isla Blanca. There are tarpon, bonefish, snook, and Jack Crevalle in season all summer down there. And there are the barracuda, too. Caught my first tarpon 7 years ago this coming June down there.

Oregon Inlet, NC. Being from NC, always a very good chance at yellowfin tuna. Look up some of the past reports from the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center. Plus it is a relatively short ride (less than 2 hours) from the gulfstream. One of the closest points to the gulfstream on the whole east coast.

We've gone down to the Barataria, LA area the past three years and had a great time catching redfish. We go either in late May or early June and the fishing has always been good. Speckled trout and far and few between that time of year, but when your on redfish - who cares. Always a great trip! I have the number of a guide that is also a friend of mine. He fishes out of Joe's Landing in Barataria. If you'd like info. just let me know.

Whoops - just noticed I was about 10 months late responding. Hope you were able to get away and had a good trip!

Florida Keys best time I've ever had salt water. Only did that once, but been elsewhere maybe a dozen times. Keys was the best.

One thing that sounded super fun.... I was fishing out of Clearwater last winter on a charter. Fishing was OK, but the charter was talking about starting a new program called "Blast & cast" Basically go out duck hunt for a while then go fishing. Now that would be awesome. Given the setting.... sounded pretty weird... not sure about blasting shotguns, but I would do it in two seconds!!

New
Florida Keys best time I've ever had salt water. Only did that once, but been elsewhere maybe a dozen times. Keys was the best.

Did you fish with a charter? I'm headed to the Keys and would like to spend a day fishing.

Did you fish with a charter? I'm headed to the Keys and would like to spend a day fishing.
yes and off a dock at night... that was super fun too! I couldn't tell you what charter. There a tons down there. Read reviews on your specific area and you'll have a blast.

Who wants to go down south in June and sweat to death?? I'd try the Northeast. ME, MA, RI , CT. We have groundfish (haddock, cod ,pollack, etc) We have stripers, fluke, squid, tog, black sea bass, porgy. We also have giant blue fin tuna, like the ones on Wicked tuna!

Attachments

• DSCF1447.JPG
    DSCF1447.JPG
    655.2 KB · Views: 207
Top Bottom