Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wifes first deer

Shredder

Life Member
This was my wife’s second season in the stand and first deer harvest. I think she is hooked based on the response after the shot. We had gotten into the tree about 3 pm and had carried in the decoy to help with drawing in the bucks from around the field. About 4:30, after a short rattling session, a small 4 point came in and was having trouble coming close enough. After a few minutes, he started to walk back south and when I went to stop him for the shot, he bolted about 30 yards and stopped. I grunted several times to bring him back only to call up another small 8 point from our east. After slowly approaching the decoy and closing the distance to a mere 15 yards, my wife made an awesome shot into the vitals and the buck only went about 60 yards before piling up. Best thing is, I got the whole thing on videotape to enjoy over and over. She made the comment to me as we were field dressing the buck that next year, she wants to start going after the monsters. I have trained her well.

Attachments

• 36101-Amanda1-2.jpg
    36101-Amanda1-2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 156
Nice deer! Glad to see that other women are out hunting too. Congtrats
brick[1].gif

Tell her congradulations!
waytogo.gif
You are a lucky guy. My wife won't shoot deer but has hunted turkeys for two years. It is sure easier to go out when she's excited to come along!

tell her the mudster says "Way to go!! the first one is the most difficult!!"

Congrats on what sounds like a great hunt and what looks like a great hat!!
waytogo.gif

That is way cool Shred, I am sure you are both proud of that one. More to come I am sure.

Congrats on a great deer! Nobody ever forgets their first one. Way to go!
waytogo.gif

Congrats, that first deer is special and to have it on tape is even better. Good job shredders.
waytogo.gif

Tell her congrats! That's great to see her out there. You know that means you have to shoot a smaller buck than her this year!!!

I guess the old saying "I killed it now you go clean it and cook it" goes both ways in your house.

Good job. Only deer my wife killed was with the Suburban.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom