Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wind and the rut and the bucks.

moosehunter

PMA Member
Seems like every year during the rut I have had bucks seemingly pay no attention to my down wind scent. I know it's there but they seem to not care at all. This doesn't happen all the time but I have noticed it enough to make me think about it. Because of the does, I still try to hunt a stand with the wind in my favor, but with bucks cruising they could be coming from opposite of where they normally come from. With all that said, I would rather take a chance and hunt an iffy stand wind wise if I know that stand is active.

Sometimes it's worth the risk............

That's called aggressive hunting and it works very well. When November rolls around thats the only way I hunt. In October I let them come to me in November I go to them.

Wind is real bad for my stand today. I went anyway. Every deer came from different directions.. So unpredictable now. Just gotta be out there I guess..

Last night doe hunting had my #2 buck come in from down wind side could have shot it but already filled my tag.Just hunt your best stands!

My buck also came from down wind, I do not know how he didnt smell me . Noticing the same, even with does a little bit.

Haven't seen a mature buck yet so can speak to that. I do have an old doe that I need to shoot. Seems like wherever I'm at she finds me and blows for an hour!

Top Bottom