Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wind

cybball

Anyone else having a heck of a time figuring out wind from forecasts? I’m currently using ONX Hunt. Said wind this morning straight west. Set up and its east then south east then west. Kinda been like this all season. Hard to plan stands ahead of time.
Any suggestions for good forecasting? I realize they will never be perfect but it’s been bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The predicted wind direction and the actual wind direction have been at odds for me the last couple of days. I stayed out of our best spots due to swirlage potential...and I was right, it was swirling. I normally use Accuweather and find it reliable...most of the time. Tomorrow though...I am pretty sure that North wind projected will be true! :)

Battled the same earlier in the season. Started using Windy.com in browser. Super cool and seems to be accurate. Can zoom in on location and slide the time to when you want the forecasted wind

I'm having the same issues, I use the weather underground and weather channel apps. Been a lot of variable winds this year for sure. Yesterday, on a West wind forecast I got busted because of my scent to the north, south and west. Lol. This is Hill country, but in years past I haven't struggled like this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What's the terrain like where you hunt? Swirling winds are relentless in the hills I hunt.

I was hunting a ravine yesterday but it’s been like that for a week or two. I blame some of yesterday’s on terrain but it was really bad.
Going to hit a ridgetop today with that north wind. Here goes nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed this year is bad. About every day three different directions. On a high bluff last night and same thing.

Top Bottom