Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

wonder buck

Dude that is sweet! Is he mature enough to be a hitlister yet? Looks like a heck of a trophy in my book!

Call him what you want, but he's survived this long. I realize some of that may be due to guys not wanting to shoot him, but it's pretty neat to realize he's ancient.

Okay, I'm going to retract the POS title from him and just say he has very poor "antler" genetics. He actually has a big body and a beautiful cape on him.
Based on how long I've watched him, I know he's at least 8yrs old. If I ever find him dead or for some reason decide to shoot him, I'm going to send a tooth in for aging.

This is an awesome post, never saw the update last month as it was the day of days for me.

doublerack said:
If I ever for some reason decide to shoot him.

Man I hope you don't actually live in Iowa where you get multiple tags per year and are passing this deer.

That deer deserves a full shoulder mount if killed! Honor and respect him.

10 years old and still tickin. He might be better this year then he was last year.
5604-mfdc1082.jpg

Unbelievable! That's
10 hunting seasons
10 winters
10 years of rut battles
10 years of staying out of traffic(somewhat)
10 years of eluding coyotes.
That animal is a true master of survival. I would be more proud to harvest that buck than any other on my wall regardless what he scores. Best of luck!

Haha! You better just name that deer "Mascot"! He is going to stay around if you like it or not. I think everyone has their "Wonder Buck" Here is a buck we call "TOAD" He is at least 5 years old and we can not shake this deer either! He seems to be around for good...

picture.php

I have personally watched this buck run off a number of nice 3 year olds.

Unbelievable! That's
10 hunting seasons
10 winters
10 years of rut battles
10 years of staying out of traffic(somewhat)
10 years of eluding coyotes.
That animal is a true master of survival. I would be more proud to harvest that buck than any other on my wall regardless what he scores. Best of luck!

Add in 10 years of poachers (possibly in area?)

Top Bottom