WTB youth 20ga

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear & Equipment' started by jkratz5, May 2, 2020.

1. jkratz5

jkratz5 Super Moderator

Looking for a youth 20 gauge so I can get my little guy behind the trigger on a turkey next season. Let me know what you have and what you are looking to get for it

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Slick

Slick Active Member

4. muddy

muddy Administrator

I bought a Remington 870 Youth model. It fits all 3 of my kids great. Alex could shoot it at age 7 and it still fits Abby at 11, and she's 100# and almost as tall as Bridget. When they grow out of it it will be a solid reaping gyn for myself.

As stated above buying an adult model and putting a smaller stock on is a great idea.

5. muddy

muddy Administrator

I had to use some padding and athletic tape to build the stock up a bit. Made it really easy for the kids to settle in when shooting. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Hawk32

Hawk32 Active Member

1DFEEBC1-4F17-46D1-9F93-624B42751D87.jpeg I went with a Remington 11-87 youth for a little less recoil for 3 in turkey loads and slugs. Has adjustable shims to adjust length of pull and screw in chokes. Killed a pile of gobblers with it and lots of clay birds. Does pretty dang well with slugs too. Better than I would of thought. Got the youngest behind it now waiting for one of the 3 turd gobblers behind us to shut up and come in.

7. cybball

cybball PMA Member

We did the exact same gun. Came with a slug barrel too which will come in handy this fall. Gun worked great and 870’s take a beating and keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. jkratz5

jkratz5 Super Moderator

Thanks guys. I was thinking the 870 too. Like that Tristar option, looks like a sweet little gun!!!

9. muddy

muddy Administrator

I looked at the 11-87 pretty hard as well but opted for the cheaper route. Either one will be GREAT.

cybball likes this.