Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wyatt got it done again.

deeraddict

PMA Member
Well I have chronicled stories of my son Wyatt's hunts here since he was 8 years old here, he is now 15 and becoming quite the hunter. This year marks his second bow season and the second year in a row he has taken a buck sitting all by himself. I sat with him off and on both last year and this year. Always wanting to see him Harvest a deer. Seeing the luck was more on his side when he sat alone. This past Saturday afternoon I took him out to our friends Timber he headed out taking Robbins decoy with him. He told me of the setup in a text message and where he was sitting so I would know. I told him good idea but I thought he had to set up backwards due to the wind. He told me nope this will be correct because the deer will come from the south and walked past me. Turns out he was correct knew what he was talking about and took this nice little six-point at 22 yards with a great shot with the deer quarter to him. Entrance shot was high and in front of the front shoulder and it was low and in the middle of the ribs. He got to see him run 40 yards and piled up. When he called me to let me know what had happened you would have thought he shot a 202 listening to the excitement in his voice, priceless.View media item 110058

I remember all my deer hunts, those first bow kills are just as vivid today as they were the day it happened! Your son will not soon forget, congrats to him and congrats to you too! I know you are as proud as he is!!

You're living the best times of your lives right now! Congrats to both you and Wyatt...these are my favorite type of harvest stories!!

NWBuck

Congrats Wyatt, I have always wanted to take a decoy but one thing or another has stopped me from doing it. Your a lot like your dad taking the time to go the extra little bit to get it done. Your dad has taught you well. Congrats again.

Congratulations Wyatt! Also great job dad! One less young man we will have to worry about as he grows up in this crazy world we live in!

Top Bottom