Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wyoming Mulie and Antelope

biggest buck

My son and I headed to Wyoming for opening day, Oct 1. My son shot his first goat opening morning. That will go down as one of my most memorable hunts. We put a very long stalk on a group of them, in the end we got to within 80 yards and my son laid the hammer down on him! Dropped him in his tracks!

Then day 2 we spotted 5 big wall hanger Mulies! Either one would have been a trophy, but one in particular stood out to me. He would prove to be one tough competitor.
After sitting in the 82 degree, full sun for nearly 4 hours waiting the bunch out and hoping they came my way, they didn't. Then my son and I had to come up with a different game plan as he now went into the open alfalfa field with about 30 other deer, one giant 170ish Whitetail included in the bunch. After a well thought out plan, that executed perfectly.... I missed the shot...ugh
I'm not gonna brag here but, I rarely ever miss with my 257 Weatherby. Its been dead on for many hunts. So we decided to back out and head to town for some pizza, and to drown my sorrows away in a couple beers.
The next morning proved to be my day!
First thing we spotted him in nearly the same spot as the night before .
After devising a quick plan of attack, we went after him. It didn't take long for me to find him in the crosshairs of my 300 Weatherby, and drop him!

What a great time we had together camping and hunting!
26568.jpeg
26447.jpeg

Back from the taxidermist already!!
b1407f364e2e382a13aa561ff65bbad3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom