Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Young one

203ntyp

PMA Member
I just got a roll developed that's been out there for 5 weeks. I had some camera problems & didn't get a lot of pictures but I thought this was a nice image to share of a year & a half old buck.

The buck kill this year is way down, maybe the worst ever & deer sightings overall in the state of Pa. have been really scarce. One has to wonder if the new antler restrictions & massive doe kills the past two years aren't having some major affects on the overall population? There is usually 24 buck on the average harvested within a half mile radius of my house, this year I only know of 4 taken & everyone I talked to hardly seen any buck. What's wrong with this picture?
948scan07.jpg

The slaughter on does has an effect, but did you get any snow. I talked to a few of my hunting friends from NY and they are seeing the same thing. They never had snow till the last day of shotgun. Not having snow played a big role for them guys.
confused.gif

No snow this season Alaskan, we don't usually have much in the gun season but the harvest is usually high anyway. Last year there was snow cover for most of the season & it was a slaughter. I haven't hunted the gun season since 1996, I'm dedicated to archery now.

Top Bottom