Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your guys opinion on best cellular cam to buy

I have a Sparta GoCsm I will sell you cheap! It uses ATT for service. Extra length antennae and solar panel go with it. Lost my stand location over east where I was using it. Everything over here is Verizon - west Iowa.

Covert just started shipping the Verizon Version of their cellular camera - about 6 months later than originally planned. I think it will be a great camera but haven't tested one yet.

Not for sale yet are they?

Yep- I got mine about 2 weeks ago ballpark. I wanted them for shotgun season to "keep an eye on things" and they have worked flawlessly. The connection & service is so much better it's astounding. I use them mainly for security (heck, even around my diesel tanks which get EXPENSIVE and we all know those can be a problem) and in areas I want to keep tabs on. Work great! I will say, this technology is evolving fast. I will "guess" 5 years from now we'll laugh at products of today and lots more advances coming. But for now- these cams r great. & btw- u can activate them online without having to go to cell store now!!!! That's huge for me. There could be problems as with any new products and electronics BUT- so far so good.

I have the covert with ATT. Going to try the Verizon one
I was 10 miles off the trail head in Colorado on a elk hunt and ran into some guys they were talking on there cell phone to there wives. They had Verizon service. Should work for my kansas whitetail property

I did buy a 2014 Covert, sold it 8 months later for less than half what I had in it. It was the worst cam I ever owned, covert blamed all issues on AT&T plan, AT&T didn't care. Cam worked best keeping papers safe on desk. I have two Spartan Verizon GoCams now and love them, expensive data, Great app for viewing pictures easily on the smart phone and work flawlessly. Covert is still telling the same lies to customers as they did in 2014, I suggest you check the cellular trail cam forum on ChasingGame.com to see what others say.

Last edited:
I did buy a 2014 Covert, sold it 8 months later for less than half what I had in it. It was the worst cam I ever owned, covert blamed all issues on AT&T plan, AT&T didn't care. Cam worked best keeping papers safe on desk. I have two Spartan Verizon GoCams now and love them, expensive data, Great app for viewing pictures easily on the smart phone and work flawlessly. Covert is still telling the same lies to customers as they did in 2014, I suggest you check the cellular trail cam forum on ChasingGame.com to see what others say.
I think your a fool to blame it on the camera as it solely dependent on the network coverage!!

2014 AT&T problems on those cams were bad. AT&T did switch how their sims worked so it made a mess.
I never cared for att in any case and got rid of all those cams and replaced with Verizon. Million times better.

Covert Blackhawk Verizon cameras. Hands down for a new camera.
I would like to try one of these. I just have a few questions. If I just want to use it for a couple of months can I cancel the plan and then get back on with no problems? Also how is the battery life on these cameras?if I would still have to change SD cards and batteries every 3 to 6 weeks then I may as well just stick with my regular camera's. I do know that for cell phones AT&T is better in my area but Verizon still works, is the data plan from Verizon even better than their voice plan?

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom