Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your guys opinion on best cellular cam to buy

Fool, great way to greet a guy! Covert sold those cams to run on the AT&T Go Phone sim cards, guess what the plan does not allow the cams to use 3rd party cell towers that AT&T uses. Hmm didn't say that when they took my 5 bills for it, worse it took two months for them to even explain what was happening. Drive 4 hours hang you cam and receive 1/3 of your pictures and have a dead battery in 8 days. Best day of ownership was when I sold it.

I bought two Spartans in early June, played with them a few weeks and took them 900 miles to western Iowa, ran them for 2 months on external lead acid battery and a solar panel, they sent pictures flawlessly with 1 to 3 bars of service. The App on the smart phone is incredible and I get status reports showing pictures taken so I can track if I miss pictures. In August they ran out of web space for all the pictures they were hosting so they upgraded to a unlimited space cloud account, I was able to update the firmware from my home and got the cams right back online. Customer service is excellent and the designer/ engineer gave me his cell phone and had me call him when I went out and hung my stands in September to ensure everything was right. Pulled cams in November still working on the same set of batteries. Smiling as I write this too.

I would like to try one of these. I just have a few questions. If I just want to use it for a couple of months can I cancel the plan and then get back on with no problems? Also how is the battery life on these cameras?if I would still have to change SD cards and batteries every 3 to 6 weeks then I may as well just stick with my regular camera's. I do know that for cell phones AT&T is better in my area but Verizon still works, is the data plan from Verizon even better than their voice plan?

Sent from my iPhone using IW

12 ultimate lithiums. Geesh- I'm gonna guess 4-6 months pretty reasonably. Depends on traffic & weather. Sometimes I get a year & 1/2 on em, sometimes 4 months. Now- the key on the batteries - if that's a deal breaker for u - get their solar panel.
The cams have ID #'s and u have an account on coverts page. U can activate, change or deactivate in 30 seconds. Yes- it's easy. But- if u drop the plan and then restart later- I don't know if u need to visit the cam or not. Probably not but I'm not sure.
My * in this- I don't think any of this stuff is perfected yet. I think the Verizon coverts blow away what I've tried in the past. Don't know how it compares to some others I haven't tried though. "So far so good". Very happy here so far.

What's the deal, price, details on Spartans? Curious.

Top Bottom