Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your Opinion?

blake

Life Member
hoofline.gif

I am trying to decide if these two deer are in fact the same deer? What do you guys think?

Photos taken with a Vman Trailcam over the same mineral lick in 2008 & 2009.

August 2008

picture.php

August 2008
picture.php

August 2009

picture.php

August 2009

picture.php

hoofline.gif

I'd say same deer. his frame looks about the same, his right side was bigger in 2008 and the right side in the 2009 pic is way bigger. Just a guess though..

Its highly possible, although im going with no. I guess it's gut feel more than anything, and the one g3.

I say yes. His frame is really simialer. His right tips curves almost identically. G2 and G3 lengths are simialer year to year. G1 on left times is same spot and same angle.

Vman is right his G3 on left side doesnt match up but thats the only difference I can find that would make me think its not.

I would say same buck. His mainbeams are almost the same as the year before, and that to me is a dead giveaway. Don't judge a deer as being different/same based on sticker points. I've learned that a deer can change quite a bit from year to year based on my trail cam photos, but one thing is certain.....their frame is nearly always the same. Mainbeams are the best giveaway......same buck! Building the history! :way:

hoofline.gif

Look at the inner aspect, bottom edge of the left ear. There appears to be a darker skin pigmentation in all four photos. :confused:

But then again I maybe experencing some visual hallucinations??????
nixweiss.gif

hoofline.gif

Top Bottom