Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season Progress

Obsessed

My daughter and I saw a nice buck Saturday evening. Sweated a gallon and gave a pint of blood to the starving mosquitos. Actually glad she didn't harvest 1. It's got to cool down a touch between now and Oct 1st, doesn't it?

Anybody else having any luck?

So hot!!!!!!! Horrid!!!! Will be waiting for cold & if a couple bucks stay on pattern- will be good!!
Yep- stoked for COLD!!!! Good luck kiddos!!!!

This rain has cooled things down to a comfortable 69 degrees outside at noon. Fingers crossed the sun doesn't come out and turn it into an Iowa steam bath. I'll take a kid out tonight if it stays out of the high 80's. I wouldn't mind sitting in the rain. It tends to keep the mosquitoes at bay.

I've been surprised to not see any youth harvest reports so far, but the heat may have deterred some from going out...I wouldn't blame them. I'm taking out a friend's son this weekend, and looks like highs in the upper 60's to low 70's up here. Much better!!

NWBuck

Friday night is looking pretty good - don't you guys think? Hoping to get a couple sits in this weekend with my oldest if football practice can accommodate.

Friday through the weekend looks good. Last night, the breeze kept the mosquitoes at bay until it stopped. Then they found us and swarmed in droves. Didn't see any deer, but watched a few cornstalks being pulled over by raccoons. Looking out over the corn, it reminded me of fishing with a bobber for some reason.

I haven't taken my son out yet due to the heat. We should have been out last night but weren't able to. We did get out to check our main location right before dark and there was a decent buck out there. Hopefully he continues to feed there until Friday night!

I've got two boys to get out. We're going to hit it hard this weekend. Hopefully the cooler weather has the deer out earlier.

Top Bottom