Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth season

I have a hundred and sixty acres of timber my brothers an I hunt during early muzzle loader and bow seasons
Right now there will be two guys brining down a youth to hunt the youth season. I have six enclosed two person blinds that are ideal for a father/son or father/daughter team to hunt from.
I know it's late in the season but if you are looking for a safe place to take your kid hunting the first time, give me a heads up.
Also we do not hunt the shotgun season so if they don't fill their tags during early season it's still good for shotgun. This offer is for kid hunting only.
THIS IS FREE HUNTING I'M NOT IN IT FOR MONEY.
I feel we all need to do what we can to get the next generation into hunting and this is one small way I can help. I am also VERY strict about doing things the legal and ethical way. It makes no sense to teach our kids to be slob hunters. I think we all know we have enough of them already.
I am located in South Central Iowa between Osceola and Creston

Very cool offer! Post some pics after the youngsters put some deer on the ground!:way:

I agree, great offer!! Thanks for sharing your spot with someone else, I hope some lucky young hunter can hook up with you.

Might be intrested, if I surgery during Sept, this might help due to me not being able to get around on cruches.

Last edited:
That is a great offer Murph. Wish everyone shared your passion for the sport and desire to get youngsters into the great outdoors.

Teenage hunter- if you need help getting to one of the stands we have a Polaris ranger 6x6 we can get you back there PM me with a way to contact you.

Brett I'm located about 8 miles west and south of Murray Iowa

Awesome offer! Not too many out there these days willing to do what you are. Very cool!:way:

youth hunt

That is absolutely great to see...I hope some youth hunters come down, that will be a great experience!!

I'm just sorry I didn't get the offer out there sooner, but next year we'll get things going much earlier. We need to do everything possible to give our kids a chance to get involved in the outdoors. They may not take to it like some of us old timers but that's ok they still should be given the opportunity. My boss lady never hunted a day in her life until I took her out in the stand with me, now she has a bow and four (yes I said four) tower stands of her own. All she needed was someone to take her out once. Down side is all meals are served late in the fall.lol

Very cool and very generous offer no doubt. You are a kind person. I hope somebody takes you up on your offer so you can enjoy it even more.

Can't say how nice it is knowing that there are still guys out there like you. It seems that each and every year that passes hunting is turning more into a business than a hobby. I just wish that I owned my own farms so I could do what you are doing. You are very gracious. Thanks and keep us updated on how everything goes! :way:

I like this alot! Good for you, and thanks for being a mentor! I am looking forward to this weekend. I don't have any kids, but I set a blind on one of my food plots last week for a kid that comes from a single parent family(mom) and wants to deer hunt. His mom is going to sit with him and video as well. She needs the meat and he loves the outdoors, so it is a win win situation. He has the greenlight on any deer he wants so I hope to have some harvest photos for you guys come monday. Good luck to all the kids this weekend, and thanks to all of you guys for taking them. :way:

Thats awesome. Seemd there are still a few good people in this crazy world. I would love to take my little girl hunting but she is only 5. What age did you guys start taking your kids in the woods. What age do they have to be to take advantage of youth season?

Thats awesome. Seemd there are still a few good people in this crazy world. I would love to take my little girl hunting but she is only 5. What age did you guys start taking your kids in the woods. What age do they have to be to take advantage of youth season?

No min age, I started going out when I was 11 (I'm 14 now).

EDIT: I started rabbit hunting when I was 5 though. My Dad had to help A LOT.

Last edited:

Teenage is correct...there is no minimum age. I will take my 4 yr old along this year on some ground blind hunts and plan to let him start shooting 50 grain ML next year. (maybe two more years, we'll see)

Very nice for you to let someone hunt there. :way:

As far as how young, you will have to be the judge of when to
take them out.

I started my boy when he was six (shot his first turkey) and daughter at 8 (she has shot two turkeys).

Some kids will be all for it while others you may need to be patient and give it time.

Good Luck.

Top Bottom