Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1911's

gersdorf

Life Member
1911's UPDATED

Been wanting a 1911 for a long time now and jealousy of a buddy finally has me pulling the trigger on one. Looked at Kimber, Colt, and Springfields. Have shot a couple of Springfields in the past and they were very nice shooting guns but have heard good things about Kimber and Colt. Any words of wisdom or advice?

Last edited:
you buy one, you will want another and another

Ok, I rarely agree with teeroy, but that statement is about as 100% accurate as it gets.

You know more about 1911's that you're letting on gersdorf, crack $1K on one and you'll be happy as with any gun purchase you've ever made. Just go handle as many as you can, when one says "buy me" you'll know it and do it. That's what happened to me.

2012-02-06203450.jpg

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
for the price i dont think you can beat a RIA. i havent had a problem with mine yet. buddy has one that probably has 2000 rounds thru it and no problems either

Which is exactly why I own 3: 2 Colts and a Springfield. All perform flawlessly! And I'm hoping to pick up an Olympic Arms 1911 (Westerner) this summer after a good fire season!

The Ruger SR1911 is a good gun and economical if you can find one. Ruger was caught off guard and can not make them fast enough.

I got the disease a long time ago and almost need rehab for it. But at least I have spread the obsession on to a few others :D

I have a couple in mind that I will be looking at soon but have heard Kimber has had a few issues since they have expanded but I know a lot of guys that have them and love them.

How many guys have tac rails on theirs? I know some purists don't like them but would be kind of nice to mount a light if you wanted to but then again holsters that work with accessories can be tough to find too.

there's only one TRUE 1911.....the rest are all just imitations

COLT

i own a 70 series Government Model and will be purchasing another in the near future

1911 updated

Finally pulled the trigger on a Springfield TRP Operator. This thing is awesome. It has adjustable Trijicon night sights and shoots like a dream! Not too mention I got a super good deal on it and couldn't pass it up!

2012-04-07_10-41-49_438.jpg

2012-04-07_14-04-17_736.jpg

First shots out of the box!

Ruger SR1911 is tough to beat. Love mine. Price, reliability and looks are all excellent. Did have to wait 6 months, but you can always pay a little more on a broker sight.

Top Bottom