Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Buck with a Recurve bow

kzeit

Kevin
Here's a picture of the first buck I've ever killed with a Recurve bow. Made the switch from my compound last winter. After 281 hours in the stand this year, this buck came by.

JNRBRONC, I keep a log for the state so I added it up after I killed him. It shows that my persistence level is a lot higher then my skill level! ha!

Nice deer!! Some serious mass, I would not have the patience for a recurve.

How did he get the name the grain bin buck?

gundog870, there's another buck I was hunting that lived around an old yellow shop building, so I called him the "yellow shop buck". My neighbor was joking with me one day, saying he shot the "yellow shop buck" hunting the "Grain bin Buck" now. He was just teasing me about shooting the "yellow shop buck", but when this buck appeared on the the trail cams right after that, I started calling him the "Grain bin Buck".

Excellent buck for any method, especially a recurve! Congratulations! :way:

I have a Bighorn Custom TD and I love hunting with it. It's much lighter to carry and just more fun than a compound, especially when you kill something. The key is lots and lots of practice.

Dan

Last edited:
Congratulations on a great buck !..... Hunted many years with recurve bow.... takes a lot of time and effort, but very rewarding.... :way:

What a great accomplishment! I have hunted hard for 30 years. Many of them as a die hard bow hunter. I tagged nice bucks early in the season with a compound a couple years in a row, so bought a recurve to doe hunt. I learned quickly how hard it was to become good with a recurve. I still enjoy shooting it, but five years later still have not taken a deer. If tney arw more than ten yards from me tney are not in much danger. That whole scenario just makes me respect those that take deer with traditional equipment more. Great deer!

Top Bottom