Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2014 Bow Buck

Liv4Rut

I shot a nice 10 pointer today. It was a short but sweet season. Tuesday was the first day I could hunt for a buck and sat from morning till 2pm and saw 3 dinks and a doe. This morning I sat in a buddies stand, who is tagged out, that is in a little woodlot connecting two large chunks of timber that is always dynamite when the bucks are cruising. Thanks Glen! There was frost on the ground and I was really excited. I ended up not seeing a deer until 8am when I was starting to doubt my set up. at 8:15 a little buck cruised through and shortly after 2 little bucks dogged a doe by my.

I heard a snap at 8:30 and looked left and through a cedar tree I could see the buck I shot making a scrape. He popped out at 25 yards and I saw good mass and G4s. When he got into my first opening I drew back and he turned facing away from me. He finally turned and headed on his way. As soon as he stopped I settled the pin and shot. I hit back farther than what I like. I thought I hit the liver area.

The buck ran out to about 50 yards and stood by some brush. I was scrambling for another arrow at this time. He looked like he was getting wobbly but he started walking toward the woods. I pulled back figured he was 50 yards and settled the pin and let go. The arrow hit a little farther back but was angling forward.

Since I was unsure exactly how well I hit him I decided to wait. I sat in the tree until 1:30 then climbed down and found him 20 yards inside the timber. Both shots hit liver and a lung. It was a great feeling.

Just after I shot him a buck that looked bigger rolled by and then a bunch of dinks and does. It was a short 10 hour season for me but it felt great!! I am going to sit in the trees with some buddies this weekend.
982-1-c.jpg

982-1-e.jpg

982-1-d.jpg

Top Bottom