Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2015-2016 Youth Deer Contest!

bowman

Super Moderator
Alright, we are excited about this one! We at iowawhitetail.com feel it is vitally important that we get our youth involved in the sport we love. In this day and age we are competing with a very technology based world with instant gratification. We all know that there is no better high than the seconds leading up to and after an encounter with a big game animal in a hunting setting. We need our youth to experience that. With this thought in mind we are having a contest just for youth.

Any youth that fits under the regulations of the Iowa Youth Deer Season is eligible. All youth photos posted in this thread are eligible. Doe, buck, it doesn't matter, post a photo here. When the season ends we will put all of the names in a hat and draw a winner for the prize. We will video the drawing and post it up so the youth can watch!

****One stipulation. Since children of PMA Members are eligible for the PMA Big Buck Contest this year, if one of those youth ranks in high enough in the PMA Contest to receive a prize, they will not be eligible here.

The prize for this contest was provided by WhiteTails Crossing https://whitetailscrossing.com/

And the prize is..........

A SpyPoint Iron 9 Trail Camera!

1040-spypoint.jpg

So kids, get out in the woods and enjoy your season. When success finds you, post a photo here and you are entered!

**Please post stories in the harvest forum. Only photos here.

Last edited:
Nope, any state is fine as long they fit under their state's definition of a youth hunter or if they are under age 16 if their regs don't specify.

Last edited:
Cant get out this weekend because we are taking the boy to the Iowa game.... But we will be out hanging more stands for him Sunday morning and afternoon.But you better believe we will post any success photos here. Thank's for the contest Iowa Whitetail and sponsors.

Nope,any youth that posts a photo of their deer!

Awesome! I've got a little lady down here (you may know her) that will be excited!

One more question: just deer? What about other youth hunts for other species (javelina for example)?

Last edited:
My kids have all outgrown the youth season, but my niece wants to go out with her bow this weekend, so I jumped at the chance to take her! Good luck everyone...hope to see lots of pics in here by the end of the weekend!

NWBuck

Last edited:
My 12 year old stepdaughter was able to tag her first iowa deer this morning at 0720 out of our Big n Beasty food plot. This was her first time ever hunting and she said now she is hooked. Already asking to go back out to shoot a buck.
6432-20150920_080432.jpg

My 12 year old stepdaughter was able to tag her first iowa deer this morning at 0720 out of our Big n Beasty food plot. This was her first time ever hunting and she said now she is hooked. Already asking to go back out to shoot a buck.
6432-20150920_080432.jpg

Congrats. She's a nice thick doe.

Hayden Winchell's first deer, a button buck, on September 20th, 2015. 60 yard shot in a Slayer Seed "Crimson Trail" food plot. He was one thrilled young man!

1040-hayden_1.jpg

Top Bottom