• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email skipsligh@hotmail.com

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

2018 Farm Bill

Duckriver

Fsa plans to offer a signup periods again next winter...subject to change. If your offer does not get in this year...it may next year or you can upgrade cover next year.
I expect a high acceptance rate this year again due to lower cost share, reduced rental rates, and lots of room under the cap.
The years that your old crp is enrolled its considered as crop history. So if you had a contract from 2010 to 2020... you will have crop history for 2010 to 2020.
also take advantage of State acres for wildlife (SAFE). its higher quality habitat for certain species.
Just something to consider.

MN Slick

PMA Member
Slick--have you looked into continuous CRP options? More $$ and more cost share. Quail buffers, filter strips, wetlands, riparian buffers, duck nesting, windbreaks...all options, map it out if it qualifies.

I'll check to see if we qualify for any other options.

deerdown

Virtual CRP seminar today if anyone is interested... Check your local Pheasant/Quail forever for other dates.

MN Slick

PMA Member
Fsa plans to offer a signup periods again next winter...subject to change. If your offer does not get in this year...it may next year or you can upgrade cover next year.
I expect a high acceptance rate this year again due to lower cost share, reduced rental rates, and lots of room under the cap.
The years that your old crp is enrolled its considered as crop history. So if you had a contract from 2010 to 2020... you will have crop history for 2010 to 2020.
also take advantage of State acres for wildlife (SAFE). its higher quality habitat for certain species.
Just something to consider.

Do you think our EBI 20 point standing WSG mix as is will get er done?

Duckriver

So your ebi includes 6 factors.
N1 is wildlife habitat benefits. N2 water quality benefits, N3 erosion reduction benefits, N4 enduring benefits, N5 air quality benefits, and N6 cost.
You can help your score by choosing a more wildlife friendly cover in N1. The other you can affect easily is N6 cost. You maybe able to affec N3 by adjusting your offer to the more erodable soil areas.
Just some food for thought... 3million acres are set to expire in September 2021. This sign up is to prefilled those acres. In the U.S..it took an ebi score around 207 points to get in the program in 2020. Prior to that it took about 216 points. The accepted score has been trenting down for many years..
In Iowa in 2020 average score for those applying without cost share to upgrade cover was 248 points.

I would encourage anyone who is applying to ask for your ebi score by not upgrading cover and also by upgrading cover to see if you really need to upgrade or not. If your score is above 240...I would feel good about it getting accepted.

deerdown

Isn't N1 and BY the only factors you can change by your decisions? Nw Missouri folks needed 210 to be accepted last year. I'm going to have to reseed to get accepted this year, if the points are still 210, but, I am going to select some edge feather and a food plot in addition to reseeding. Besides getting me more points, that I prolly don't need, it gives me better habitat and another food plot location.

MN Slick

PMA Member
Isn't N1 and BY the only factors you can change by your decisions? Nw Missouri folks needed 210 to be accepted last year. I'm going to have to reseed to get accepted this year, if the points are still 210, but, I am going to select some edge feather and a food plot in addition to reseeding. Besides getting me more points, that I prolly don't need, it gives me better habitat and another food plot location.

I was told we won't get cost share if reseed into the same seed point mix as the contract that is expiring. Did you the the same guidance?

Duckriver

Here is a good resource for those who want to know more about crp basics. It was put together by Missouri quail forever. The principal still applies to all states.
Looks like the video will not allow to be shown without going to YouTube. Sorry

Last edited:

deerdown

I was told we won't get cost share if reseed into the same seed point mix as the contract that is expiring. Did you the the same guidance?
They didn't mention if I'd qualify or not for cost share if reseeded and it would have been the same mix that it was seeded to 10 years ago. But I talked to them today, and I'm going another route. I have 142pts as it sits, so I'm going to add a 3/4a food plot, and reducing the rent bid by 3%, and that will get me to 215 pts, enough to meet last years cutoff and we're assuming this year will be the same.

Duckriver

They didn't mention if I'd qualify or not for cost share if reseeded and it would have been the same mix that it was seeded to 10 years ago. But I talked to them today, and I'm going another route. I have 142pts as it sits, so I'm going to add a 3/4a food plot, and reducing the rent bid by 3%, and that will get me to 215 pts, enough to meet last years cutoff and we're assuming this year will be the same.
If its the exact same mix and rates from 10 years ago....good chance you will not get cost share again.
I really don't expect that fsa will fund down to the same ebi score this time. Because there is 1.5 million acres less expiring this year. Ask about adding a few more grass and legumes to your existing fields vs totally renovating. Much cheaper to add a few than totally redo stand.

deerdown

If its the exact same mix and rates from 10 years ago....good chance you will not get cost share again.
I really don't expect that fsa will fund down to the same ebi score this time. Because there is 1.5 million acres less expiring this year. Ask about adding a few more grass and legumes to your existing fields vs totally renovating. Much cheaper to add a few than totally redo stand.
They said because of the amount of brome that took over I'd need to kill it all and reseed it all. I was ok with all that until they told me I'd need 10% woody cover.. I decided I'd go a different route.

Top Bottom