Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2018 Farm Bill

Over 60% of the crp acres nationwide will expire in next 3 years.... there will be annual signups each year to allow offers to fill those acres each year. So it will be interesting to see how supply/demand will affect incentives and rental rates adjustments for each of those signups.

Neighbor just had his meeting and 195$/acre was his price to go in for the 2021 year. Said 50% of input then thats it for cost share. Higher than cash rent he has been getting the past 5 years or more

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

195 sounds good to me. I'd re-enroll at that, what is now 297 on pretty rough ground... pretty startling, but I don't make the rules! 195 is higher than the cash rent I pay on the ground.

Neighbor just had his meeting and 195$/acre was his price to go in for the 2021 year. Said 50% of input then thats it for cost share. Higher than cash rent he has been getting the past 5 years or more

Good deal for him. I'm on the flip side. CRP rate $110. I'm cash renting at $170.

Im curious for anyone that recently planted any crp if they went with nrcs seed and ballpark cost per acre for seed

My number is $197. But cash rent is higher. Might do a few acres. Check Continous CRP first and ask them about all the programs...

-buffers, riparian buffer, timber edges, wetlands, living snow fence, windbreaks.

FSA has changed the rules on seed cost some. Now they will only pay 50% on seed cost. They will ask for seperate bill for seed cost. They will be monitoring seed cost more closely. Seed cost will be determined by the mixture selected.

So, how is the year range requirement figured? I mean, why wasn't it thru year 2019 this round? I'm trying to get the 4 yrs but if the range doesn't fit then idk

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The crop years were set in the farm bill regulations. Dont rule yourself out...make the fsa office tell you that your not eligible. There is a special term called "conserving use" and you may qualify even if you don't have 4 crop years from the period. Ask them to check into it specifically. Its usda job to process your application so apply.

Will be interesting to see how this goes ,Monroe county is the one I have the most experience in ,max rate is 144.00 in a general CRP. We currently have some over 300 an acre. With the current price of land, Crp purchased at 3000.00 an acre would return at 4.8 %. That is assuming 100% contract acres which you will never have,now out of this you have to pay Mid contract management and 50% of the seeding . Still not bad, real good land should stay in production but a lot makes sense to enroll. Mostly what will be signed up is cattle pasture that was broke out in 2008-2012 and makes no sense to farm at sub 4 dollar corn.

Am I correct that you have to own the ground for 12 months before enrolling into crp? I just purchased a property in Sept. I've got 31 acres currently rented for crops. It crossed my mind to put into crp.

You would have to own if for 12months prior to end of signup period. FSA is supposed to check deeds now.
If your have not filed a schedule f for last 10 years...then you can get around the 1 yr ownership. Or just wait till December 2020 and sign it up. There will be a general signup each year for next several years.

Im curious for anyone that recently planted any crp if they went with nrcs seed and ballpark cost per acre for seed

Rough ballpark...and I could be wrong since I am working from memory here...about $200/acre. This is from 2 years ago.

Highly dependent on what program you are seeding to. Literally less than $100 up to $700+ for a crazy super pimped out pollinator mix (yes I've seen one)

I know that most CRP is restricted to 85 to 90% of county average cash rent.........was wondering if the pollinators have had payment restrictions put on them?

3.4 million acres were accepted in the February general signup for the whole USA.

I'm looking for Iowa specific information and how many acres were available, but I am not finding it.

My FSA office hoped to hear/comm mid-April what specific contracts were accepted. Dependant on C-19 impacts of getting that info.

If you made a general crp offer.. excellent chance it was accepted.
Iowa has 97% acceptance of offers. That will be 267,000 acres habitat.
County offices will release more information soon.

Top Bottom