Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2020 Pheasant Season

CurtisWalker

How’s everyone’s season going this year. The numbers in our area are way up this year been a blast taking the new pup out and hunting with friends. Here’s a few pics.
8eb05bc444c1ee0d7e46b72a0de670bd.jpg

281031cc7e5f1d2ccbb066aeac5e9ef4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've killed a couple this year, plenty around. My good pheasant dog died about 15 year ago. I haven't had a lot of interest in it since, it's just not as much fun without the dog. The dogs I've had since have not had the bird instinct or the insane drive for it that she did.

My buddy’s two dogs are amazing. Complete game changers. Hoping the pup catches on while hunting with them.

I've never pheasant hunted much. I only ever shot a couple. Went out opening day this year in a road ditch that I've noticed some birds near. Got one right off the bat, it was awesome. Flushed several more but missed the rest, i'm rusty. Use to shoot clays a lot back in the day and was a real good shot, haven't done that in probably 10 years now. I've been out 3 times since opening day, one day took dad, first time he's been in years and he use to go a lot. He's rusty too, missed two roosters. Then I went to some public that I know use to hold birds. Flushed several, all but one were way to far ahead. I did hit that one, winged him and didn't find him. Took dad there last weekend, we walked about 50 yards only to look up and see another hunter way up ahead of us so we left.

One of the best Pheasant recipes out there. Add mushrooms to the recipe and season the bisquick and flower to your taste. Off the charts good......

Attachments

• 123_2(1).jpeg
    123_2(1).jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 21
Went out Sunday and managed one

Attachments

• 6B497665-6477-4B49-BA5A-78CFF9027BD3.png
    6B497665-6477-4B49-BA5A-78CFF9027BD3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
2F676A5F-F819-480E-80A2-AF940E70E672.jpegI’ve done a terrible job of taking pictures this year. I remembered a few days ago but forgot yesterday. Few more in the vest with the days winding down. Tons of birds every hunt unfortunately these late season birds are jumpy. Need another snow to finish strong

2 hr hunt for 3 of us today. A few sat tight after we scared a very large group out of the field they were feeding in. Decided to go today vs the last weekend of the year because hunting pressure has increased greatly this year in the area we hunt.
05a499447920463aa00d6c9e28562e02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sigbot Winterhelt pudelpointer comes to mind. Probably a drat or wire hair.

Real "Bird Hunting" at about 120 miles an hour.......

Attachments

• Montana week of Oct 9 020.jpg
    Montana week of Oct 9 020.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 11
No disrespect but is that a poodle? I see a real bird dog in the back ground.:p:D
Ha! Oh C'mon real bird dog? You were half right he is a golden doodle. He is 4 years old & I get him out 4 to 5 times a year in Iowa. I don't think there's been a hunt I haven't shot my limit with him. He is an ok bird dog & a great house dog with young kids. Hard to argue the results

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Cant argue those facts......just poking fun......aparently someone in ur family knows bird dogs:^)

Top Bottom