Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

28 Years Later

Ishi

PMA Member
28 years and many thousands of hours hunting whitetails one thing I haven't seen was a good buck fight. I have heard many but that's it it started the night before I went to sleep in the camper. I was fighting mental and physical exhustion and I was getting a fever. So I committed a cardinal sin and slept in the morning then I would drive home. I woke up and felt okay so I went into scramble mode to get into the woods. I got the LW hung and was hunting by 9 am. A doe and two fawns followed by 120 inch 10 pt came by. This was the third time I let him walk. Then out of the pines behind me came a 120 inch 9 pt our second meeting. They locked up 15 yards from my tree. It lasted what seemed like a minute. Long enough to take two pic and a video but I had it on time lapse bummer! But it was a great experience. I know it was two months ago. This is a trial run on uploading.

IMG_0166.JPGIMG_0167.JPG

Last edited:
Pretty cool aerial pictures, hopefully both will be target bucks next year. I have quite a few pictures of a bucks sparring on cam, even have one of a fork buck locking up with a small 10 lol.

Probablly the coolest thing to see first hand. I have also seen 1 honest fight in thirty years of hunting, mine was late evening as we were loading up to leave our hunting site. Myself and three others watched from a couple hundred yards as two bucks went at it, in an all out brawl for probablly five minutes. The best part of ours was that my kid brother connected on the bigger of the two the next morning several hundred yards away. Amazing animals indeed

If anyone wants to check out an absolute scrap between two mature bucks check out midwest whitetail tv.com and scroll through the updates. One of the best all out fights ive ever seen filmed.
Ive heard deer fight and have seen sparing but ive never gotten to witness a true fight

If anyone wants to check out an absolute scrap between two mature bucks check out midwest whitetail tv.com and scroll through the updates. One of the best all out fights ive ever seen filmed.
Ive heard deer fight and have seen sparing but ive never gotten to witness a true fight

If this is the fight in the creek, that was freaking awesome.

That fight ^^ was filmed by Jared Mills and it was a doozy!! Probably the best buck fight sequence I have ever seen.

I have seen bucks square off many times, but it usually only lasts a few seconds. The number of extended battles I have seen is probably only one, but it was an all out war and probably lasted 15 minutes or so.

The buck that was getting beat was pinned to the ground two or three times, but he coming back for more! And Mr. Big kept giving it to him too!

Definitely one of the most exciting moments you'll ever have in the deer woods! Many years ago I was lucky enough to witness a buck fight that lasted probably 2 or 3 minutes. It was so intense that I honestly thought I'd walk up to a dead deer and tag him out of respect. One thing that was interesting about the situation though, was the volume of the racks as they hit each other. There's just no way I could replicate the amount of noise that was being made by those two bucks with a set of rattling antlers. Seemed like it carried for miles. Definitely wouldn't mind witnessing something like that again.

Top Bottom