Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd Gun Success

2.5YR8

Nothing crazy, but I shot this typical 6x5 opening morning of 2nd season. It's a 3 year old that didn't add much from last year, and I think he was destined to be narrow and short tined. He stopped broadside at 50 yards, and I'm thankful to have harvested him.

This is the 1st deer I've shot on my property that I bought in late 2019, and I shot it out of a wagon blind I built with my dad and brother over the summer.20211211_083546.jpg

Congrats ! Great deer! Trophies shouldn't be measured buy inches of antler! Its all about how you do it!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nothing crazy, but I shot this typical 6x5 opening morning of 2nd season. It's a 3 year old that didn't add much from last year, and I think he was destined to be narrow and short tined. He stopped broadside at 50 yards, and I'm thankful to have harvested him.

This is the 1st deer I've shot on my property that I bought in late 2019, and I shot it out of a wagon blind I built with my dad and brother over the summer.View attachment 121785

Congrats on connecting with one. Feels great putting in the effort and planning and seeing it all work.

It's a trophy to me, this is only the 3rd deer I've killed that is over 130. I was originally just going to do a euro mount because I always used an inch mark to decide if I was going to do a shoulder mount. Thankfully my wife of all people set me straight, and the deer is at the taxidermist. She's not a hunter, but she's spent the last 10 years sacrificing alongside me through all the ot shifts and working a 2nd job to make our dream of owning a property a reality. She basically told me my inch rule was dumb lol, and this deer needed to have a shoulder mount, and be displayed in the living room overlooking our property.

Good call. The first deer I killed on my place was a 2 year old 8. It’s a shoulder mount and proudly displayed on the wall!!!

Top Bottom