Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

300 win mag

Those are great rifles. I know a few folks out here who have that rifle in that and a couple of other chamberings and I've heard nothing but good. My advice on glass is to get the absolute best you can afford. If you're planning on shooting 500 yds and beyond, look at the scopes with the turrets and learn the MOA drops, instead of inches. Once you get it run through a chronograph, you can plug the info into a ballistics calculator and get all of your drop info. I have Vortex HS LR 4-16x50 on each of my kids' three rifles and a Vortex HS LR 6-20x50 on my 6.5WSM. They are great scopes!

And then don't forget a high quality range finder that can hit an elk (not a rock) at 700+ yards.

I load for the 30-06, 300WM, 300WSM, and others, and I love my 300WM!

That’s the plan! Hoping to find someone with a chronic near Omaha. Been reading up on MOA and how it all works, makes sense now. Lol. Always just knew the bullet drop on muzzleloaders. Also knowing wind drift is something I’m reading up on how to adjust. Pretty excited to get to the range with this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buy . If your looking for vortex scopes that are factory refurbished with the same warranty as a new Vortex scope , I found this website. The inventory changes around quite a bit. Never boughten from them but heard good things. http://aaoptics.com/

That’s the plan! Hoping to find someone with a chronic near Omaha. Been reading up on MOA and how it all works, makes sense now. Lol. Always just knew the bullet drop on muzzleloaders. Also knowing wind drift is something I’m reading up on how to adjust. Pretty excited to get to the range with this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get a scope with zero stop and adjustable turret. Spend lots of time on range and mark all your yardages on turret. Adjust turret to yardage and hold true. Only way to go IMO. Most of the nicer scopes have 70+ MOA adjustment which is more than you will ever need.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would've jumped on that, good price! I loved both of my 300 win mags & am sad I got rid of them. You're gonna have fun w/ that rifle.

If you want the easiest to use Long Range scope with incredible clarity, check out http://huskemaw.com/ I have the 5x20x50 on my long range .264 Win Mag. My longest deer kill is 1204 yards. Range the animal, check the wind dial the turret to the yardage and shoot. Like everything else, lots of practice helps!! Most long range scopes are confusing to use but these guys have it figured out with incredible glass. There are videos to watch on that website and also on youtube. Have fun and congratulations on choosing the .300 win mag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom