Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3rd Season for Gobblers

I

iowalongbeard

Well were off to another season for gob's and boy is the weather nice. Anyone out there having any luck?

Long Beard

Struck out with my second season tag but went out this morning with a friend who had a bow tag. We were done at 6:20am

He'd seen a bird strutting in the same place for several days so we set a blind up on the field edge. Didn't hear too much gobbling. But about 6:00am we saw a gobbler sneaking into the field to our right. The bird started coming in but went back into the timber behind us when a second bird entered the field behind him. While watching the second bird we lost track of the first one until we looked at the decoys. The first bird was coming around the side of the blind and into the decoys. A 10-yard shot put him down.

schrantz_a.jpg

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-28-2001).]

Yee-Haaa, nice bird, great story! That's the way you do it with a bow!

Congrats, thanks for sharing Pat.

Long Beard

Patrick,
Looks like Matt took a nice bird. You got the 411 on the bird? Weight, beard, hooks?

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

[This message has been edited by Limb Chicken (edited 04-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Limb Chicken (edited 03-04-2002).]

Yeah,

Weight 19.5 lbs
Spurs 1 1/8 inch
beard 9 inches

I've got several other pictures of friends birds I'll have to try post. Our local sporting goods store (Fin & Feather) scores everyone's turkey and puts their pictures on the bulletin board. They had 117 birds brought in so far. They've said the average weight of the birds is a little lighter this year.

Wow, 117 birds posted, would love to get some of them on the site. We could set up a Photo Gallery just like the deer gallery if we had enough.

Long Beard

Top Bottom