Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4 Row Planter, John Deere, NO TIL, 7000 Planter

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
$2,100. CLICK on this for pics and details....

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/grd/2357345670.html

I have this at a buddy's farm, I had to have a place to put it before I closed on my new farm NW of Des Moines. This is at my buddy's which is south of Des Moines about 45 minutes.

John Deere, 7000 planter, 4 row no-til, corn & beans. I bought this from original owner and he kept things shedded and in EXCELLENT working condition. 38" rows. This is UNLIKE most all 7000's that really need a lot of work and have all sorts of busted parts like openers, frogs, springs, etc, etc. This is in great working order. I believe he had the corn meters calibrated at one time too. I only used this ONE time and it worked EXCELLENT! I planted 10 acres with it. It's ready to go and you don't have to drop $1,000 on getting a planter up to snuff like a lot of my buddies have had to do.
Grand River is south of Osceola 20 minutes or so. (obviously osceola is below des moines about 30 minutes).

Corn units and bean cups.
For the picture, I have this behind house, I just moved it to a new farm. I'm selling this because I have 2, I used to have 2 different farms, now I only have 1 so I don't need 2 planters. It was always shedded but is outside right now (and for last 3 weeks). I have all the controls, meters, etc in my metal building (I'm in process of digging everything back out). I just use this for food plots so I have not messed with the markers, I assume they work great.

Does have a great cylinder, the hoses are old BUT I just bought replacement hoses for it (brand new, I think 2 were $70 total roughly) - I will throw these in. Tires great. No til coulters are great, chains excellent, etc, etc.

ONLY THING WRONG..... The last owner and myself never cared about fertilizer boxes or insecticide boxes - like most people- we didn't use em (cause they are pretty much worthless on planters) so we didn't keep them up. The seed boxes and corn/bean meters are in great shape which is the only thing most anyone cares about. You could take the insecticide & fert boxes off if you wanted. General wear and tear of a planter that's been used- silly stuff like paint rubbing off here and there, scratches, cosmetic stuff. Obvious stuff that doesn't affect the use. Not sure the exact year of this planter.

$2,100 cash only. not holding for anyone (sold something 6 months ago and had 2 no-shows), a lot better value than a cheaper planter that I almost bet will need lots of parts replaced.

TOWING- if you didn't know, planters tow easily- just take off drive chains and hook up to a hitch (with no ball- just the hole with pin) and pull er down the road. If it were me, I probably wouldn't do 100 mph BUT take it easy and can pull with ease. I think I pulled my other one an hour with no trouble. Tires are great shape.

Serious calls only. 515-745-2797 or skipsligh@hotmail.com

Keywords: planter, 7000, 7200, deere, no-till, no-til, no, til, till, 4, 6, row, kinze, bean, corn, case, ih, white, drill, 3, pt, point, hydraulic, cylinder, implement

Last edited:
Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom