Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

40 gallons of apples fall from a WALNUT Tree!

scout

After seening a big buck in velvet earlier and then seeing him again last night I decided to expand my area from the south side of the road to the north side also. I gained permission and had a real good idea where to put a stand. I soon found some ATV tracks,a couple 10" walnuts that had been cut with a chain saw at the ground,(shootin lanes) and about 40 gallons of apples under a hanging stand. Some guys just don't get it.
I'm not outright against ATV's but alot of lazy no good butt smacks manage to get farther from the roads thanks to them.

BIG 10-4!! I don't consider them real hunters just wanna be's!! I wish they would come follow me for a year I would get them in shape!!

You get my amen on that operation. The last 2 times I seen ATV tracks in my hunting areas
I was missing a stand and tree steps.

Can't think of anywhere in Iowa you would really need to use an ATV unless you are handicapped. But cutting down the trees and the apples are definately rookie/irresponsible technology.

Share what you have learned when you can.....

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 10-14-2000).]

Top Bottom