Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th Season Tom

PMA Member
I sit here tonight all alone sipping on a fine Crown Royal. My quest started with Iowa's second season with the goal of pushing Team Old Balls to the top of the heap. Well, I struggled to say the least. I finally got a dandy paint brushed Tom to fan. He came up out of the ditch with all his splendor and strutted to 15 yards directly in front of me. I had the old 10 up and ready. I let him have it! Well that just set him back on his keaster! He got up and took off running. I short stroked the 10 and got just a click. I finally got one slammed home and let him have it again! Hell all that did was make him run faster! The chase was on. We went up and down that ditch till I ran out of shells and thought I was going to have a heart attack! Did I mention that I have a 2002 Chevy HD2500 6 liter that I have 27000 thousand invested and would only take 12000? It has a tool box, turkey fan on a broom stick, fifth wheel ball that's pulled a trailer a lot and not been babied, wide tires without the lift kit so they grind on the bumper when you turn. Did I mention I have 27000 invested and it comes from southwest Iowa? Soooo..... fast forward to 4th season. I have a good friend down by College Springs that has a couple farms with amazing deer and turkeys, he wanted see this fan trick. Well it worked and I fanned 3 strutters to us. He killed his and again I am chasing mine around till I ran out of shells. I made an eye appointment for May 8th and got the works done to me. I had never been to the eye doctor and it was quite the eye opening experience. I ended up with some contacts that take me an hour to put in and these god forsaken readers to use.

What a difference it made Saturday morning. The bead was clear and there wasn't 2 turkey heads! This Tom was strutting with another and 3 hens. I spotted them from the road a half mile in. I called the land owner and got the green light. I parked out of sight and started the walk on the inside of the terrace. I got to where I thought they were and presented the fan. I observed 1 hen and 2 Toms 100 yards out. He turned and I yelped and hit the brome grass with the fan. He came on a dead run! I let him have it at 10 yards! He isn't the biggest bird but he will do. I had no help with pictures so this is it. Did I mention I have a 2002 Chevy HD2500 with 27000 invested all professionally done for 12000? Oh I almost forgot I am fishing with friends in NewYork.

1 1/4 spurs
10.75 beard
23.22 pounds
69.7 Total Score

Rumor has it the better half of Team Old Balls scored on a GIANT this afternoon!

Leave Group Quick Reply
The following errors occurred with your submission

separator.gif
bold.gif

italic.gif

underline.gif

separator.gif
color.gif

clear.gif
menupop.gif

separator.gif
createlink.gif