Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

55's score?!

The buck in my profile pic went 174. The frame on 55 is bigger yet so I would guess him EASY 180. One hell of a deer man good luck with him!!!

I will go gross 183, I shot one close to that with monster 2s and 3s and decent 4s but this guy looks to have a bit longer tines and a better frame.

Kratz

If you give him 10" 2s and 3s and 5" for the G-4, and the split and 6" brows with 22" beams 18" mass per side and a 18" spread then that would put him right at 160" which is probably pretty conservative.
But if you went with 12" G-2s, 11" G-3s, 6" for the G-4, split, and brows with 24" beams, 20" mass per side and 20" spread that would put him at 176" and I think thats probably on the high end.
IR pictures make it hard to judge size but Id probably guess him right around 170" gross, give or take 5".

If you give him 10" 2s and 3s and 5" for the G-4, and the split and 6" brows with 22" beams 18" mass per side and a 18" spread then that would put him right at 160" which is probably pretty conservative. But if you went with 12" G-2s, 11" G-3s, 6" for the G-4, split, and brows with 24" beams, 20" mass per side and 20" spread that would put him at 176" and I think thats probably on the high end. IR pictures make it hard to judge size but Id probably guess him right around 170" gross, give or take 5".

The 2's &3's are closer to 12/13 inches than 10. Beams are way over 22 as well.

I'm going with your high end as a good estimate and that might be low.

If you give him 10" 2s and 3s and 5" for the G-4, and the split and 6" brows with 22" beams 18" mass per side and a 18" spread then that would put him right at 160" which is probably pretty conservative.
But if you went with 12" G-2s, 11" G-3s, 6" for the G-4, split, and brows with 24" beams, 20" mass per side and 20" spread that would put him at 176" and I think thats probably on the high end.
IR pictures make it hard to judge size but Id probably guess him right around 170" gross, give or take 5".

The 2's &3's are closer to 12/13 inches than 10. Beams are way over 22 as well.

I'm going with your high end as a good estimate and that might be low.

Ya I agree with you I was just using that low end to say he is at the very least 160 or better. The more I look at the pics I think hes closer to the high end as well but I normally shoot low to avoid disappointment... Id rather a buck be bigger than I thought than smaller, but I have a real hard time seeing much bigger if any than my high end guess but Ive been wrong before... hopefully he will put an arrow in him and prove me wrong again.
I havd a hard time judging trail cam pics, now put a deer right in front of me and Ill normally be REAL close

I figured out a way to view the pictures. Click "quote" on his original post then copy the entire image path except the
. Post it in your browser and click Go. I'm not sure why the images aren't just showing up in the body of the original post. I tried on my iPhone and my MacBook.

Anyways, my "king" buck is a 168-4/8 gross, 164-6/8 net b&c clean 5x5 with 14" G2's and 13" G3's. Your buck is bigger, possibly 10" bigger due to mass and spread. Your net score will stink in comparison to gross score but man, who cares?!? That's a great buck. Wish I had some like that on my place. Good luck. Hope you get em!

Top Bottom