Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

90 more days ….

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Figured it’s about 90 more days until antler growth is about complete. Or close. Right NOW is when they need the nutrition packed to them. Clover/greens, mineral & tender browse (tsi, stump sprouts, open canopy in timber) are probably my top 3 areas to make sure it’s widely available. I put my mineral is spots I can easily cover, clean or it’s no where near where I hunt. They need it & no doubt in my mind it works. Clover has been green & growing for well over a month now & they piling into it!!!! Wish it was warmer but can’t control that one. ;). 90 days will go by fast!!
A399EA1C-86B5-4FDD-9E8B-C82518383D92.jpeg

And I still had snow in a spot yesterday.
Clover is coming nicely.
Got does here that look fat but no bucks yet.

Did you ever add garlic to your mineral licks as a way to keep ticks down and potentially spread less disease? Wondering if that worked

Did you ever add garlic to your mineral licks as a way to keep ticks down and potentially spread less disease? Wondering if that worked
Absolutely. Per 100 lbs of mineral: 2-4 lbs granulated garlic. About .5-1 lbs feed grade sulfur. Add 5-ish lbs molasses - mix & then add a bit more to top. They pound it. There’s no doubt to me it works. No doubt it aids in ehd as well.

Where do you find granulated garlic?
There ya go!

Top Bottom