Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

90 yard sight pin ready for deer season

bluedog69

My boys are getting better equipment and better at using it. They are both shooting Stan releases now. Tackett has a used Mathews Vertix and Wyatt a new Elite Basin. I also bought Wyatt an HHA slider sight to match Tacketts.
This is the fourth time they are shooting long range with their bows. Passing on the passion of archery is awesome. Hope you enjoy their first time shooting lighted nocks on a very hot and windy day.

Just curious, do you know anyone at Stan or do you have any involvement in the company, or do you just really like them?

Just curious, do you know anyone at Stan or do you have any involvement in the company, or do you just really like them?
I am still shooting a Martin Quicksilver I bought in 1987. Trigger panic special. LOL

My boys started with cheaper index releases. Then they shot Tru Ball TRexs. They have a video of the T Rexs on their YouTube channel. They still really like them. In fact they have been mixing them back in some.

No I just did a lot of research on resistance releases. Was going to buy them Perfexs(lot of positive reviews on YouTube) but they were all sold out.

So no we have no affiliation with Stan at all. Just two boys who are YouTube junkies and are really loving their resistance releases. Had we bought Carter Evolutions or Dudleys Silverback they would have been doing the same thing with them.

Makes sense. I'm always looking to make incremental improvements and have been considering trying a release like this for a while. Having first hand reviews from someone that has nothing to gain means a lot when I'm looking for input. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Makes sense. I'm always looking to make incremental improvements and have been considering trying a release like this for a while. Having first hand reviews from someone that has nothing to gain means a lot when I'm looking for input. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
I saw an 11 year old shoot two 300 Vegas rounds. I finally figured out he had a resistance release.(Carter mini evolution) I also read many other coaches have kids use them to get the surprise release feel down.
I would definitely recommend trying one.

Here is another friendly competition. My boys love watching Chris Bee. They saw him shooting at Des Moines when he was younger. The gal with the recurve is impressive too.

So are you anticipating shooting 90 yards at a deer, or just shooting long range for fun?

Just reading the "title of this thread makes me sick!.

Just saying.
But I did get you to click and reply on the thread. :) (Title is clickbait)

No we won’t be taking long shots on deer. Both of these boys have killed many deer with bow, gun, and even pistol. This video is not a fluke. They can shoot very very well. This past winter the two of them took turns on coyotes. 4 each at 200 yards, the 10 year old dropped one at 240, and the 13 year old dropped one at 328. How many did they miss or wound? Zero. 10 shots 10 dead dogs.

Enjoy your kids NOW! Time flies and you will wish you could go back. I just rediscovered this video that made just two years ago. Amazing how fast they get big.

Well I took the boys to their first actual scored 3D event. I had to switch out their sliders for multi pins. My 10 year old shot from some white stakes that were 20 yards and under with unknown distances. There were 40 targets, and he took 1st place with a 353. My 13 year old entered in the male bowhunter category which went up to 35 yards with unknown distance. He ended up taking 1st with a 381 in it. We all three were pretty shocked, mainly due to the fact they had to guess distances. I kept my mouth shut because I didn’t want to be the guy who guessed the distance wrong.

So on the way home I told them we were done going to shoots. This way when they get old they can tell their kids they were undefeated in 3D archery when they were younger.

Awesome to see the young lads so interested in archery. I started young, no sights or release, and a few years later I got very good at it, didn't need to range targets either, just dedication. Only Lakosky shoots 90 yards at an animal ;)

Awesome to see the young lads so interested in archery. I started young, no sights or release, and a few years later I got very good at it, didn't need to range targets either, just dedication. Only Lakosky shoots 90 yards at an animal ;)
I was the same way back in the late 70s.
Fingers and instinctive.
They are both pumped for deer season more than anything this year. Which is a good thing.

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
Top Bottom