Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A bad word but EHD anyone?

Any updates on the EHD front? I heard there was some scattered, light frost in areas, does that slow it down at all or does it need a hard frost to have any affect?

I sure hope the frost the other morning helps! Found another mature buck moving a cam today. Coyotes got most of him but fairly recent. Not as bad as 2012 or 2013 but bad enough.

I sure hope the frost the other morning helps! Found another mature buck moving a cam today. Coyotes got most of him but fairly recent. Not as bad as 2012 or 2013 but bad enough.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when we lost a whole bunch of deer back in 2019 on our farm, the coyotes didn't touch them and I was thinking I had heard they don't eat the EHD deer? If so, perhaps the one you found didn't die from EHD? Just throwing this out there as I could be wrong. And..... by the way, central Iowa got a heavy frost Friday and Saturday, so that should take care of any more possible issues this year!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when we lost a whole bunch of deer back in 2019 on our farm, the coyotes didn't touch them and I was thinking I had heard they don't eat the EHD deer? If so, perhaps the one you found didn't die from EHD? Just throwing this out there as I could be wrong. And..... by the way, central Iowa got a heavy frost Friday and Saturday, so that should take care of any more possible issues this year!
Could have been something else.

Last edited:

I have been told that before but mine was cleaned up in record time so if true, mine did not have EHD. Hard to tell but I figured since mine was in the pond that was the issue.

2 of my nicest bucks found dead in a creek, 10 pt and 8 pt. Presumed EHD. NW IA

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom