Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Buck of a Lifetime

KCCyclone

Hey guys,

Unfortunately there isn't much of a history behind this buck, but a good friend of ours was fortunate to harvest a truely, once in a lifetime buck during the first five minutes of Missouri's 2010 rifle season. Our friend Lee has been hunting his entire life and has definitely earned a buck of this caliber! It's not everyday you see a buck like this and wanted to share it with the IW crew. There are a few more pics (sorry no field shots) on our blog at the link below. Check out that mass!!!! :D

http://midwestbowhunter.blogspot.com/2010/11/buck-of-lifetime.html

DSC00652.JPG

Awesome buck! I know my wife would not let me take pictures of a caped buck on the kitchen table no matter how big it was. :)

What a beast. His rack just screams 'ancient!' Congrats to your friend on a beautiful whitetail.

Incredible buck!!!..... just when I thought I had seen every possible harvest photo back drop.....

I can't say I have ever seen a picture of a buck's head and cape on the dining room table!!! :D

What a beast. His rack just screams 'ancient!' Congrats to your friend on a beautiful whitetail.

He was actually jaw bone aged between 4.5 and 5.5. A neighbor had trail cam pics of him that they showed me. Based on his body, I'd have to say he was only 4.5.

The same guy with the trail cam pics has sheds from a more typical racked 9 point from last year. They thought it was this buck, but I don't think so. I taped it out at 197 6/8ths with an 18" assumed inside spread. They had around 45" of mass if I remember right.

Here's a camera phone pic of the sheds. They were incredible! It's hard to believe that there may be another 200ish buck on this same little 100 acre farm!
Leesheds.jpg

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom