Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A project I've been busy with

moosehunter

PMA Member
This idea has been floating around in my mind for awhile. I wanted to build a gun chest as opposed to a gun cabinet. A place to keep all the guns locked up and out of site like a safe but I wanted it to look like a piece of furniture you could keep in any room. This is my 1st one. It has 4 drawers long enough for the longest shotgun, and each will hols 4 to 5 guns, depending if they have scopes or not and are mounted on silky smooth roller bearing drawer guides. A pocket door with a deadbolt lock hides the drawers. A top shelf for ammo, pistols, binos, or whatever with a locked lid. This one is made all of oak.

I'm donating this to some very good friends of ours to be auctioned off at a benefit fundraiser for a memorial scholarship in thier sons name who they lost 2 years ago in a motorcycle accident.

The next one I build it's gonna be for me though. I think I may use a mixture of oak, walnut, and cherry to give it some different contrast.

740chest3-med.jpg

740chest2-med.jpg

740chest1-med.jpg

BBBBBEEEEEEEEUTIFUL!!!

Way to go on the donation.

Where to I send my bid? Not that I'd ever be able to afford something like that, but it is nice to dream.

The 'Bonker

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet Moosehead!!!
waytogo.gif

What type of material are you lining the drawers with?

Are you taking orders yet?
grin.gif

I already brought it out to Hogie's to show off to IWT friends this weekend. People that have seen it already think I should sell some but I don't know if I have time to build to many of them.

That is very awesome looking and I would love to have one. Let us know if you start taking orders, because I know a few people who would be interested.

Kratz

Holy cow that thing is awesome!! Very nice job. It looks like you put a lot of time into it, but if you started making those I have a feeling you could make some coin for all your hard work. That is a very unique piece that I've never seen before. If you ever do take orders, I'll place one!!

Looks damn good Perry!!
waytogo.gif
What's it been, bout a year now since we first talked about making something like that? But the good thing for me is now you can just give me the plans and I can build my own.
grin.gif

I am sorry I won't be there this weekend to see it. I would also be interested if you start taking orders. Where can I go to bid on that one?

Nice job Mooseman and I am sorry again that we won't see you and other whitetailers this weekend.

Mrs. Moosehunter suggested maybe I should have you guys bid on it too if you want. At least then there would be a bid price at the benefit July 3rd. I only wanted to show it off a little here when I posted it but I guess it's not a bad idea. So if anyone wants to bid on it just shoot me a PM.

By the way. The pocket door in front appears alot lighter than the rest of the finish. It's not. I think the sun maybe made it look that way, plus the header board above it is a little darker piece than the door. When it's under inside lighting it matches the rest of the cabinet.

WOW!!!
ooo.gif
ooo.gif
That is beautiful. You must be very talented to build something so fantastic. What a great idea to have a gun chest instead of a cabinet. That will make a wonderful furniture piece for the lucky winner. Congrats on the fine job and having the ability do do what so few can.

Top Bottom