Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age? Cool Buck

KSHUNTER

PMA Member
Had a bunch of velvet pictures of this buck, but he vanished at the end of August. Showed back up on my personal farm just over a mile from where he lived all summer.

He won't score much, but he started showing up in daylight, and all the other bucks I would like a chance at have showed zero daylight activity.

How old do you guys think he is? I feel like he is probably 5, but maybe 4. I would like to hear other thoughts.

8587-prms0504.jpg

8587-prms0449.jpg

Yeah, thats a mature buck. I'd say he's 5 or more. Look at the slope of his back, I agree with the stubby legs, and his thick chest hangin all low. Be real hard to let that one walk on by!!!

No history with him outside this year, but I felt he was mature.

Wind is supposed to switch for tomorrow evening, if he shows it will be hard to pass.

I agree with the 5+ thought. And I may be nuts, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's way over the hill, like 8 or beyond. That age would agree with his big body size and short legs, it would also explain why maybe his neck isn't gigantic right now like a 4.5-5.5 neck would be. I don't know. I'd shoot though.

Top Bottom