Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age/score guess?

SKellcat

I think 1 more year and he will be a HOG! Best pic so far on my new Capture.

Without sounding stupid here, I see a lot of posts where someone says their deer was 2 years old, or 5 years old, etc... Is there a tried and true way of telling a deers age? I am sure there is, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea. Forgive my ignorance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReleaseHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is there a tried and true way of telling a deers age? </div></div>

Yes. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

that looks like a mature 140 class 8 point to me. He is a great buck right now, he may put on more inches if he lives, he may also be maxed out.

The FACE and HEAD on that buck make me think he is older than 4 & 1/2. I would say 5 or 6 (possibly older). I'd go with MATURE, IMO.

150 inch and wouldn't get a pass for me! I use belly, neck, face and antlers although all are up to debate and aren't full proof.

Looks like a 4yr old that is'n gonna gain anything else..He looks like he may have been a GIANT 8 the prior year.... now tossing out a little nub point this year and the horns darkening, curving inwards.. These are signs that I have seen in the past on growth stopping and them turning downhill.

Top Bottom