Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AJ Is Back!

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
AJ, a buck that I have followed now for 3 years showed back up on the cameras this week...and bigger than ever. This deer is a weird one....very timid, and generally always by himself. All of the photos I have of him, he's staring intently at the camera as if he knows he's being watched.

As the years have went by, his home range has continued to move westward.....not a lot, but enough that I won't get him on my east cameras any longer. I'm hoping that he stays right where he's at now, but he'll likely head south once the fall rolls around and be on the neighbors where I'll only be hunting the fringes of his home range. I'll keep my fingers crossed he'll stick tight.....have a few tricks (plots, mock scrapes) up my sleeve I'm gonna try that may keep him here.

Any guesses on what he'll score this year once he's completely filled out?

2011- 4.5yrs old; We saw him multiple times from the stand this particular year.

2012- 5.5yrs old; No sightings on the hoof, all night photos during the season.

2013- 6.5yrs old

Last edited:
I'd sure say that is him too! Nice history with a great buck and it sounds like you have him figured out pretty well too.

As far as tricks to keep him on your place...don't forget the fake "rub tree" idea either.

I'd say from looking at the G2s he will score a little less than last year, but it's hard to tell. That is a nice buck. Was he off the hit list last year, or just no opportunity?

Definitely not as big this year

By the time it's all said and done, I think he'll be 10+inches bigger this year......still has curl left in his main beams, and rounded off 2s (slightly), 3s, and 4s. Much bigger bases as well. Just my opinion...

By the time it's all said and done, I think he'll be 10+inches bigger this year......still has curl left in his main beams, and rounded off 2s (slightly), 3s, and 4s. Much bigger bases as well. Just my opinion...

Yeh it looks like he could add that much for sure. Big old gut on that buck. Hope you stick him.

Top Bottom