Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Alternative to a shoulder mount

S

swampwright

I'm looking for an alternative to a shoulder mount. I have one in the living room and 5 down stairs, I'm looking for something cool to have done with my buck. Thanks all

I did one myself that I like. I cut the shoulders off the form and have the buck head and most of his neck surrounded by natural vegetation an oak branch and fake rock I formed across the bottom. Its different and a more outdoorsy look.

There is quite a bit of options available. Wall pedestal is a good idea as Chappy referred to.. Another could be a floor pedestal mount with some foliage matching your hunting area incorporated into the mount. Another idea is stay with a traditional wall mount, but ordering a form converter that fits into a the corners of the wall such as this : http://www.mckenziesp.com/Corner-Mounts-and-Converters-C5582.aspx - You could even have it lower on the wall to match your harvest photo. It doesn't have to be this upright pose but the converter enables you to have most poses coming from the corners of your walls.

I like euro mounts as an alternative to a shoulder mount. You also have the option to dip the skull if you want something a lil different.

I have made a few of these. Alternative with a rustic spin. They spin so you can move them how you please, and are removable so you can hold it like the day you harvested it.

picture.php

picture.php

Top Bottom