Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ameristep Outhouse Blinds

Has anyone out there ever used an Ameristep Outhouse Blind for turkey hunting?? I was wondering how good they work, and if turkeys ever detect anything such as wind flap. They seem to be well camo'd. Thanks for your help.

I HAVE A DOG HOUSE , PENTHOUSE, AND A GAME TRACKER CARBIN CABIN. KILLED A 150 INCH DEER OUT OF DOG HOUSE LAST YEAR IN A CRP FIELD. SHOT SEVERAL TURKEYS OUT OF EACH OF THE 3. GAME TRACKER IS THE BEST--IT HAS A BLACK INTERIOR AND SHOOT THROUGH WINDOWS. TURKEYS WILL NOT SEE YOU. IF YOU CAN AFFORD A DOUBLE BULL WITH BLACK INTERIOR-DO IT. THEY ARE THE BEST ON THE COMMERCIAL MARKET. GOOD LUCK. M350 OUT

As M350 said, IF you can afford a Double Bull get one. Straight up they are the best blind out there. I got one 3 years ago and my turkey bow harvest rate is now 100% (knock on wood!). They put up and take down in literally seconds and are awesome if it's windy or rainy. Good luck with your decision.

MW

I agree with the others that the Double Bull is the way to go if it is an option! During late muzzleloader season we had three of us(my buddy and his son) in one with a portable heater. It almost felt like we were cheating! We ended up having about 20 deer about 30 yds downwind from us. The outhouse is a good blind also! I had one set up for deer hunting also late muzzleloader, and I went to take it down in the middle of the day. When I walked up to it there was a flock of about 50 turkeys no anout 15 yards from the blind. I have never used a blind for spring hunting, but I imagine that they would both work well!

i would get a double bull blind my friend has one and he loves it. i love it also it is a little pricey though.

I have herd that deer shy away from black holes in blinds, so why would someone that wants to deer hunt out of it get one with a black interior?

Top Bottom