Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Derecho

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
There’s a warning out for a potential Derecho this evening… looks like Wisconsin is the bullseye. Let’s hope not!!

I was curious if you guys had major damage to you timber from the winds last year in Iowa? Had it impacted your property for hunting?

Still have about 10 trees from last year's derecho I need clean up at some point. The priority was the yard, the lane, then the ag fields before planting this spring. Getting a quote on replacing the house roof Saturday morning. I did enough patching to get it this far. I don't even want to think about going through that again. I'd probably sell the place.......

Timbers I hunt took a big hit, lots of downed and leaning trees. Nature's way of TSI, I guess.

We got hammered by the derecho, timber is still an absolute disaster with widow makers everywhere. Trees all laying in the same direction. Game trails are completely changed. Almost impossible to walk through some of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happened to be south of us a bit but have been in and around some of it and walker explained it to a T. The amount of widowmakers still hanging during season last year would make a guy uneasy in some places when the wind was blowing.

I saw carnage from derecho when I was by Cedar Rapids. & the county parks in Polk co. What a mess!!! Sad but new growth will come. Last year gave an endless supply of white pine rub posts. Only bonus. ;)

Timber got it bad but where it really impacts (especially in my world)...this year's crops....lots of volunteer corn in the beans this year....been playing havoc for farmers all year as the pre-emergents did not work well because of how dry it was... however maybe this goes to show you can frost seed corn effectively?
0c21e7439f79b5fbc55570737e9e7b23.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Top Bottom