Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Hevi-Shot ?

No! Don't shoot hevi-shot through a choke tube that says LEAD ONLY! Eventhough Hevi-Shot is so much like lead its still very hard like steel. So unless you wan't a barrel blown up in your face don't do it. However you can shoot Hevi-Shot through anyother choke tube. My friend shot two turkeys this fall with hevi-shot #4's and it did a number on both his turkeys.

Good Luck,

Deerslayer22788

I have a star dot choke tube and it is not marked with anything that says not to use steel shot i have thrown away the package and was wondering if anyone new if you can shoot hevi-shot through it.

So you can't shoot Hevi-shot through Remington's super-full turkey choke tube?? The reason I say this is because it says lead only on the tube. That seems kind of weird that Remington would make a load that wasn't compatible with it's own line of choke tubes.

Remington makes a "Hevi-Shot" choke tube, that is specifically designed for the use of their new loads! You could also use it with choke tubes that are approved for use with steel shot.

Top Bottom