Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another youth tag filled

2-bucks

PMA Member
My daughter was able to fill her youth tag Saturday at 4:30. She had been up for 12 hours and we did not see a deer until 3:30, so she hung in there good. She has taken a couple does and bucks so she now wants a "decent" buck. For her this is a nice two year old or better. Last year she passed several and ate tag soup but was fine with it. At 3:30 she passed a big doe and spike horn that was chasing a few does. At 4:30 a doe comes on a food plot and three bucks follow her a minute or two later. The two smaller ones are sparring with each other while the biggest one works toward the doe and us. He hangs up at 125 yards but she makes a great shot with her 20 ga. Hits about 3" below where she wants and blows a big hole in his heart. He gets bigger as we walk up. Lots of high fives and hugs! Not sure who was happier.

He ended up being a small boddied 155 lb deer but scores 157". I'm very interested in getting his teeth back because I can't decide if he is young or old. Awesome either way, but I'm curious anyway. Body says maybe young. Rack says maybe old. I know racks don't tell age but doesn't all the stickers point to and older deer?

My family has had an unbelievable season I'll recap in an upcoming thread. But my daughter has the highest scoring one this year and bragging rights.

Sorry, having pic loading issues on the phone. Will add them from my PC tomorrow.

Congrats!!! Hooked for life!
Can also use tapatalk app as well on pics ;).
Good job and congrats to your daughter!

Great shot! Once again the smile says it all!!! Gosh, that never gets old! Made me smile just seeing hers! Great job dad!

Great pics, great smiles and great buck!!! Congrats and to the young hunter and proud dad.

Great job with the pics, and congratulations on an outstanding buck! Looks like that thing had the tools to destroy many of the local trees!!

NWBuck

Top Bottom