Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody know?

bjkpharmd

Does anyone know who made those old walk behind brush mowers- big bike tires and the ones with the give OSHA a heart attack blades? I'd like to find one for sale or at auction but I'm not even sure what to be looking for in the description. Lots of little places I can't run a tractor, don't want to run the dozer, & too much to do with my hand held blade outfit.

Those weren't the D R Trimmer Mowers are they. I have no idea who would sell them but that might be the name.

not DR- these were old when I was a kid, probably can't get a new one because of liability laws now. Blades were almost flywheel-like would cut about anything.

Could you be thinking of the Gravely mowers? I have a friend with a few old ones and they look pretty tough. I am not sure if they still make them.

I don't remember the Gravely name. They looked alot like a DR mower but had bicycle type tires and none of those sissy safety guards- just an iron ring above the blade to give you an idea where to stay away from.

Bachtold. Pryamid Service in IC used to have them. Man killers. I'm no safety nazi but I don't think I'd want one of the older models. Newer ones aren't much different. Also String Town Store down by the Kalona Cheese factory carried them.

Gavely used to make small walk behing power units that had a variety of attachments. They were made for the small farmer who didn't need a tractor or was still using horses too. If memory serves they did make a few small tractors too. But I'm not real sure about that. Imagaine trying to get parts?

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom