Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone ever use a hand held weed wiper?

october1

I could use one for an area that's risky to spray Glyphosate but don't have one & never used one. If anyone has used one how did it work for you? And which model did you use?

I could use one for an area that's risky to spray Glyphosate but don't have one & never used one. If anyone has used one how did it work for you? And which model did you use?
What are you doing & spraying? A backpack sprayer with different nozzle choices isnt an option?

What are you doing & spraying? A backpack sprayer with different nozzle choices isnt an option?
No. Too risky closely spraying all around plants in the nursery in close proximity and always swirling winds due to privacy fence and house. I can't risk losing thousands of $$ worth of plants.

No. Too risky closely spraying all around plants in the nursery in close proximity and always swirling winds due to privacy fence and house. I can't risk losing thousands of $$ worth of plants.
I have a nursery as well - got it.
U would be safer with Glufosinate (Liberty) or a target chemical - say it’s for grasses- clethodim & crop oil. No experience with the wiper but I’d for sure consider Glufosinate If u have concern about neighboring plants. I cover my nursery & orchards with a close spray from backpack sprayer on non-windy day & 0 issue in a decade. But ya, I get the attractiveness of a wiper.

I bought a 3 blade steel brush cutter head for my weed eater and it was a great buy. I think I paid somewhere around $15 for it and it has lasted two years so far. I've done a few poor man plots with it - using it to clear the brush originally and to maintain/"mow" small clover plots. It has also been handy for clearing trails.

Ok- have to laugh…. I kept thinking “WIPER”…. There’s those implements & such that “wipe” glyphosate on weeds. Without spraying & drift. Then there’s WHIPPERS…. Realize u meant a weed WHIPPER!!!! Like a weed eater!! Ha!!
Ya- that works too. ;).
Are these trees you are working around ? How many? Mulch is my time saver. & still say u can make a low pressure sprayer work with NO DRIFT. But ya- weed WHIPPER be fine as long as u r super careful of course.

I didn't know there was a tool/equipment that you use to wipe herbicide on weeds so he very well could be talking about that. Either way I think there are a couple good options!

Ok- have to laugh…. I kept thinking “WIPER”…. There’s those implements & such that “wipe” glyphosate on weeds. Without spraying & drift. Then there’s WHIPPERS…. Realize u meant a weed WHIPPER!!!! Like a weed eater!! Ha!!
Ya- that works too. ;).
Are these trees you are working around ? How many? Mulch is my time saver. & still say u can make a low pressure sprayer work with NO DRIFT. But ya- weed WHIPPER be fine as long as u r super careful of course.
100's of 1 gallon pots & smaller. Tree's, shrubs & hardwood cuttings with tiny leaves waiting to root. Almost everything is 1"-1 foot tall & have been ravaged by gypsy moth caterpillar & don't have a lot of roots. Even a small amount of drift in the windy swirling conditions here would cost me thousands. I used to own a food plot seed company and have put in many acres by hand using a backpack sprayer so I understand what you can get away with & when you are asking for trouble. I prefer not to ask for trouble if a better option exists.

Anyone else out there that has used a weed wiper?

Top Bottom